Nurture Transition Rules - Help Needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nurture Transition Rules - Help Needed

Hello,

I am creating a 12-touch nurture and I am planning for the following -

Scenario:

There will be a 15 day wait step in between each asset send, but if a contact is engaged and clicks a link within any of the nurture emails, they will be move into a different engagement program stream with a 10 day wait step in between each asset send.

I am having trouble building out the logic for this. Let's say a person clicks a link in email #1 within the first stream, I want them to move to the second stream with a 10 wait step, so that they will receive emails #2 - #12. If a person clicks email #2 in the first stream, I want them to receive emails #3 - #12 in the second stream ... and so on... How should I be building this out? Will I need multiple streams with multiple transition rules, or could I build this
out within in two streams?

Would I add a trigger in my first stream as a transition rule 'Click Link in Email is email is Emails #1, Emails #2, Emails #3, etc..." and my flow would remain 'Chage Engagement Program Stream'?

For my second stream, what trigger would I be adding 'Clicks Link in Email'? For the flow, would I add the logic that I have stated in my above paragraph?

Sorry for the complicated paragraph.

Thanks,
David

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nurture Transition Rules - Help Needed

Hi,
Are all the emails the exact same (not clones)? Because if they are the engagement program won't send the same email to someone more than once. So if they have received #1 and #2 and clicks in #2, they will go on to #3 in the second stream. For the transition rules you only set the rules for when someone is going to be added to the stream, so you'd only need the trigger 'clicks link in email 1-12' in the second stream's transition rules, the moving flow is defaulted by marketo.
/ Erica

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

In my actual engagement program lineup, my emails are clones from different emails due to changes I had to make. Are you asking if they're clones in the actual streams themselves or general (Engagement Program)?

Also, my clicks link in email #1 - #12 wouldn't exist in the first stream? Rather the second stream?

Here is what I have (Note: OppID Assets is my first stream and Engaged is my second stream -> I only have 4 emails in my 'click link in email' criteria for example):

1: 0EM50000000SyDZ.jpg

2. 0EM50000000SyDj.jpg

Thanks,
David
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the actual streams themselves. If you have the exact same emails in both of your streams then it would work as I described above.
It's all based on program membership so if I'm a member of program x and have received program x's email y - then I will not get that email in the engagement stream - but I would get the clone yy as I haven't been a program member and received that email before.

Yes exactly - your click link trigger should only be in the transition rules of the Engaged stream (as that's the action needed to move people to this stream)
/ Erica
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erica .. you have been extremely helpful. You're lifesaver! It looks like I will be in a good position.

I was planning on having the same 12 email touch for both streams, hence playing into what you said. They will be the same (Woohoo!!!!). I was stressed out, because I thought the leads would be getting duplicate emails if they moved stream to stream.

Just to confirm: I will have all 12 emails in both streams?

Example: If someone does not click a link in Email 1 within the first stream, but clicks Email 2 in stream 1, then they will receive Emails #1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 .. but not email #2, since it has been clicked in stream 1?

I am sorry if I am repeating myself, but I am just making sure.

Also, can you elaborate on: "I would get the clone yy as I haven't been a program member and received that emaul before."

Thanks,
David
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just thought of something. What if they opened Email #1 in stream 1, but they didn't click a link in the email, but they opened and clicked a link in Email #2 whithin stream #1, and end up getting Email #1 again via stream #2.

Should I set the filter 'Not Opened Email' in my second stream as well for all the emails?

Wait ... they won't get the same email twice .. regardless of the action (DUH on my part). 🙂 I am getting too technical here haha.