SOLVED

Nurture Program vs Stream

Go to solution
Troy_Larson
Level 3

Nurture Program vs Stream

Hey all - 

Question for you all. I have a Pre-MQL nurture set up already in my instance. 1 stream, each mail is a default program in the nurture.

Troy_Larson_0-1592951882832.png

Now I've been asked to set up a new Pre-MQL nurture stream for a specific subset - a gov't vertical with more targeted mails. My questions is should I just add them in as a stream in my existing Pre-MQL nurture? Or should I build out a new vertical specific Engagement program?

Any advice here would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Nurture Program vs Stream

Given you may be asked to add other verticals in the future, and verticals are mutually exclusive, I would probably set it up with multiple emails (by vertical) within each Default program that is effectively each cast.

So create a new email for the government vertical. Name the existing email "Default" or something, so you know it's not vertical-dependent. Then in the triggered smart campaign for that program, have a choice step: choice one is "if vertical is government send government email." Default choice is "send default", which doesn't have vertical-dependent content.

This allows you to easily scale it if you have more verticals added. New email, new choice step, and you're done. If you can control the logic in one place it will be easier to keep a handle on it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Nurture Program vs Stream

Given you may be asked to add other verticals in the future, and verticals are mutually exclusive, I would probably set it up with multiple emails (by vertical) within each Default program that is effectively each cast.

So create a new email for the government vertical. Name the existing email "Default" or something, so you know it's not vertical-dependent. Then in the triggered smart campaign for that program, have a choice step: choice one is "if vertical is government send government email." Default choice is "send default", which doesn't have vertical-dependent content.

This allows you to easily scale it if you have more verticals added. New email, new choice step, and you're done. If you can control the logic in one place it will be easier to keep a handle on it.