Re: Nurture Cadence Options

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nurture Cadence Options

Hello,

I am currently reaching out to see if there is any way to solve for something. As of now our organization submits emails through programs located in our nurture streams. This cadence is set by the nurture stream cadence shown below:

pastedImage_0.png

The issue we have now is that when we add new content programs, the leads will stall until the next cadence is set to run. What I want to know is if there may be any way to setup a smart campaign that could act as a "Secondary Cadence" to run after the initial cadence, and catch anyone who may have been stalled. An initial example of this could be someone who:

1) Member of engagement program

- Cadence is normal

- Exhausted content is false

- Was not sent an email in the past two hours

So the consumer and action journey would be:

1) Nurture cadence set in each stream runs

2) Member in stream goes back to receive new content. We prevent their membership of the new content program but the member stalls there until the next cadence run.

3) Smart campaign runs shortly after stream nurture cadence to propel these leads forward and thus skipping the delay.

Let me know if any of this does not make sense, but this would be something really cool to solve for.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What do you mean exactly? Perhaps you could describe in in Days. Your image has no Set Cadence, so nothing will happen.

It sounds like you want to force a Cast to occur when something happens, but that Trigger is not stated here.

remember that Engagements are great for regular Cadence programs like Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5am PDT.

If you want an Irregular Cadence like Send email 1 now, then wait 2 days, then send, then wait 5 days; you should use a Drip Smart Campaign you build yourself.

If you wanted to Accelerate a lead through the Stream, then I recommend a Transition campaign that activates on your Trigger, moving the Lead from Stream 1 to Stream 2, where Stream 2 runs more often.

But if you want to force a particular email out to the lead for a reason, you may have to run a totally separate send based on that Trigger.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the image was just to make it clear the location of the cadence I was referring to. Our understanding of streams and their processes should be on point. Below is what is currently happening during our weekly cadence:

1) Week 1: Lead is sent next email set in stream

2) Week 1: After lead has been sent email, new content is added to the stream

3) Week 2: Lead will go back up the stream to receive the new content. However, we have put something in place to where this lead will not receive the new content, and it will instead stall at that program (We can't prevent the stall).

4) Week 3: Lead goes back down the stream to receive next set content in line.

What I want to happen is:

1) Week 1: Lead is sent next email set in stream

2) Week 1: After lead has been sent email, new content is added to the stream

3) Week 2: Lead will go back up the stream to receive the new content. However, we have put something in place to where this lead will not receive the new content.

4) Week 2: Smart Campaign kicks in after set cadence to propel only stalled leads to the next content piece thus removing the stall at the new content and sending next content in line.

We've found a way to stop leads from receiving new content added into a stream. However, we have not solved to stop leads from stalling after new content is added which is essentially what I'm trying to do.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi David,

Sorry, but without more comprehensive screen shots, it's hard to understand what exactly means the "we have put something in place to where this lead will not receive the new content".

The normal behavior of a nurturing stream when you add a new content between 2 casts is that, on the following cast, Marketo will send to each lead the first content (from the top to the bottom of the stream) that each lead has not received yet. To determine whether or not a lead has already received a content, Marketo will keep memory of each email id and program id each lead has already been sent.

For simple emails, it's quite simple: the lead has been sent that email ID or not. If not the email is sent.

For nested programs, it's a little more complex: the lead should 1/ not has been sent the program ID and 2/ the lead needs not to be a member of the program yet.

In your case, if you simply just prevent the nested program to send a content with a flow choice or a filter in the smart campaign but the lead is not a member of the nested program, Marketo will still try to add the lead to the smart campaign and it will stall.

-Greg