Number of Marketo leads/contacts do not match Saleforce.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Number of Marketo leads/contacts do not match Saleforce.

The number of my leads in Marketo is about 2x the amount of leads and contacts I have in Salesforce and am wondering what could casue this?  I have a sync to Salesforce, so ot sure what cause this kind of discrephancy.  Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Number of Marketo leads/contacts do not match Saleforce.

Hi Darren,
Marketo will not automatically sync leads up to SFDC. It requires first a "Sync Lead to SFDC" flow action.

If you want leads to automatically sync to SFDC when they are created in Marketo, create a trigger campaign with the trigger "Lead is Created" and put "Sync Lead to SFDC" in the flow.

If you want to sync all leads that are in Marketo but not in SFDC, create a Smart Campaign with the filter "SFDC type is empty". This will pull a list of all leads who are not currently in Salesforce (since all the leads in SFDC and Marketo will have an SFDC type".

Best,
Will
Denise_Valles
Level 3

Re: Number of Marketo leads/contacts do not match Saleforce.

Darren,
Somthing similar happend to me but my numbers were not so large. Some leads entered into Marketo though the Forward to a Friend link in our emails and were not syncing to our crm.

There is a smart list in your lead database where you can view your leads/contacts not synced to SFDC. If you dont have it you can just create a new smart list and use the filter SFDC Created Date: is empty.

You can then view the leads that are not sycned and view the source so maybe you can figure out where you need to add the sync step to a flow if you dont wish to sync everything.

From this list, you can also just highlight all or selected leads then right click and highlight salesforce and choose sync lead to sf.