Notification when form is submitted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Notification when form is submitted

I am sending out an email campaign which includes a link to a landing page.  That page has a form, which in addition to the basic profile info also offeres a selection of times that the prospect can sign up for a demo.  I have a landing page built that will pop up when they complete the form which thanks them for registering.  Ideally I also wanted to send a confirmation email to them that would include the time that they selected from the picklist on the form, but I can't figure out how to do that.  My question is, can that be done, and if not, can I set up a flow when they register to send an email to me (NOT them) so I know that they've registered and I can send out a personalized confirmation?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Notification when form is submitted

You can easily do either option. If you want to send them an email with the time they selected, just add an email to the program you're working on--this will serve as the template email sent to the lead. Write the copy as you desire and include the token of the time field where you want it. This will populate with their chosen time when the email is sent.

In your flow for after the form is submitted, just add "Send Email" and select the one you just created.

If you also want to be notified when this happens, you'd repeat these steps, but instead of "Send Email" you would pick "Send Alert" and complete that flow step accordingly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much.  I can definitely do the second option, but would rather do the first and I'm not sure how.  How do I use a token for a 'select' field in a form that has a list of times to select?
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Check out this article to learn how to utilize tokens within an email: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L7cdCAC

The article focuses on personalization, but you can use the same steps for any field, so in the steps where it shows "Insert Token," just start typing the name of the field that you're collecting their time with (e.g. "Token: {{lead.My Selected Time}}")

Does that make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used basic tokens before, but I'm definitely not an expert.  What I don't understand is what token I would use.  I created a field in the form called "Select demo time", and there is a list of times from which they can choose.  What token am I looking for to insert that time that they selected into their email?
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

You'd be looking for the field you created to collect that time. When you set up your form, you created a field called "Select Demo Time" -- so that's the token you'd use in the email.

Try looking through the drop down when you click to insert a token if you don't remember exactly what it's called. The drop down will include all the lead fields you can use.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked perfectly.  Thank you!!