Notification when GTW sync breaks

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Notification when GTW sync breaks

Is there a way to have a notification sent out when the sync between Marketo and GTW breaks? We have it where after an event is over, sometimes we'll miss taking down the registration page so if someone tries to register, it breaks our sync between the 2 systems. Then it causes all of our other webinar registrations to have errors because the confirmation emails won't work correctly. Is there some way to get a notification when the sync is wrong so that it can immediately be fixed? Kind of like how you get a notification when the sync with SFDC has an error.
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Notification when GTW sync breaks

I've experienced the sync break of GTW and Marketo thing and only discovered it when the campaigns built around GTW and Marketo appear to stop working. However, this has not happened for webinars that are past.

For us, because this sync is attached to an ongoing campaign that has a start/end date and time, it's crucial that users be notified immediately when this sync breaks - one would surmise that an email to the users login email to be a sufficient form of notification. Then, in addition to that, Marketo has a built in "notifications" function at the top left of a users instance (after logging in), that would appear to be the most reasonable place to put such a secondary notification. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amber - can you explain in more detail what happens when a lead registers for an event that is over?  If they register on a Marketo page, then nothing should "break" but I'm not totally clear what you mean by "break"
Amber_Hobson

What I've noticed is that we've had several issues where our GTW sync stops working causing anyone who registers for a webinar to be coded as registration error. I have to go into the admin section and retype our GTW information to activate the sync again. From researching back to find out what caused it, we found that when a webinar is over, if someone goes to the Marketo landing page and registers for that event, it causes some error (not sure if the error is in Marketo or GTW) which then ends up making the sync between the databases stop working. This only happens for events where we have done the registration page through Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I beleive the settings under admin will show you the latest status we recived from the Event Partner. So if a lead failed to register, the error will reflect under the Admin settings. But this does not prevent any one else from registering. In fact, if someone comes and registers after that error is shown, the webinar error will go away - and you will see the green check mark again. Maybe Cheryl can verify that.

As for setting up alerts, you can set up a listening campaign that sends an Alert when a progression status changes to Webinar > Registration Error like so :

0EM50000000QY3V.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jim is 100% correct.  The integration is not actually breaking when the lead has a registration error.  It will self correct and register a lead for a valid GTW event.
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

actually we have had several registration errors that never get passed over to GTW so the people never get login info or the GTW reminders. looks really bad.  and we haven't ever solved it.

Dezie_Okpoebo
Level 3

Hi Trish VoskovitchI've been experiencing this same problem (2 years later). Did you ever find a workaround or fix for this?

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

Hi Adaeze Okpoebo

I create a campaign now for all my webinars to send me an alert when this happens. I then go in and see if I can tell why (maybe email is bad or something) and if I have good info I manually register that person again.

here is an example

smart list:

pastedImage_0.png

Flow step:

pastedImage_1.png

any my alert is just a text email with the name, company and email of the person who didn't synch over.

Hope this helps!

Trish

Amber_Hobson

Hm... then are there any other ideas for why my GTW sync needs to be updated every week? This actually happens quite regularly where I need to retype my password, but nothing has changed in GTW.