SOLVED

Not really diggin' this new email editor

Go to solution
Gina_Powers
Level 2

Not really diggin' this new email editor

Ok, I know the old editor wasn't the best, but this one is so limiting. What happened to the <html> button that let you work in the code within the editable field?

Am I missing it or do I have to export an email before I can work in the HTML and break the template? Previously I worked in the code when I had a button with a hyperlink. Now I have to edit the button text, then edit the link. I can't even add a break <br>. No matter how hard I try I can't prevent a space between lines. There's no button that lets you view the HTML.

I can live with the changes in the interface, like the requirement to toggle from html to text to "copy HTML". But the removed functionality is really causing me additional work. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not really diggin' this new email editor

gina powers (production)​ luckily, you still can view HTML with the new editor! it's just a new button. You have to hit "more" then hit this button

pastedImage_0.png

let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI. I moved your question to Products and Support​ where most of our product experts hang out. The Community Help and Feedback​ is more for issues related to the Community site. Also, I forwarded your note to the product team.

Colin_Ryder
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Hey Gina.

I created a thread this morning on some things I (and others) have found here.

Please note you can revert to the legacy one in Admin under Email.

Cheers

Colin

Gina_Powers
Level 2

Thanks everyone. I did find the HTML edit button. Now if I can figure out how to edit an inserted image so that I can control text around it. If not, I will suggest we move back to the other editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

gina powers (production)​ luckily, you still can view HTML with the new editor! it's just a new button. You have to hit "more" then hit this button

pastedImage_0.png

let me know if this helps!