SOLVED

Re: Not filled out form

Go to solution
Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

When you say create another smart list logic, do you mean I have to create another campaign with this logic?

No. Just create a "Smart List" asset (not "Smart Campaign") with the above logic and place that smart list anywhere in the folder.

The first image of mine is for your Main Smart Campaign. The second image is for Smart List asset.

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks again Gursimran. I figured it out the smart list logic after I sent my message. But one question I do have is regarding Filter 3 in the Smart list campaign. Member of Smart list – Person: Not In, program xxxxx

Shouldn’t Filter 3 Member of list say Person: In, program xxxx?

If it says “Not In”, wouldn’t that send the email to everyone that is not part of that smart list logic, which would be everyone in our database? I only want to send the second email to leads that did not fill out that specific form during the specific time frame. Or am I not understanding something in Filter 3.

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

Consider the following people who downloaded 1st form but not the 2nd form below:

May 2nd - 2 people

May 1st - 1

April 30 - 0

April 29 - 1

April 28 - 0

April 27 - 3

April 26 - 2

"Smart List" asset logic includes all the people who filled 1st form but 2nd form in the past 6 days. In this case, 7 people from April 27th to May 2nd

If you don't consider Filter 3 in "Smart Campaign" asset, it will include all the people who filled 1st form but not 2nd form in the past 7 days. In this case, there are 9 people from April 26 to May 2nd.

Since you want to send the reminder email to people who downloaded 1st form but not 2nd form after 7 days. In this case, you just want to send a reminder email to 2 people (April 26th). Therefore, to exclude the rest of the 7 people to receive the reminder email, you have to include "Person NOT IN Smart List".

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Since you want to send the reminder email to people who downloaded the 1st form but not 2nd form after 7 days

I don’t want to send the reminder email to people that downloaded the 1st form. I want to send the reminder email to people that DID NOT download the 1st form. If that is the case, then shouldn’t the “Member of Smart List” be Person – In – smart list name?

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

We are setting up kind of a nurture campaign where if a lead fills out a form (FORM 1), we send them an email with an offer to download another piece of content by filling out a form (FORM 2). If the lead does not fill out this form (is it FORM 1 or FORM 2?), another email is sent 7 days later offering a product demonstration. The problem I am having is getting the second email to send correctly within the time frame of 7 days. I currently have a filter for the form (is it FORM 1 or FORM 2?) if it is not filled out, but only having a filter makes the SL a batch campaign but we want it to be a trigger, but I'm not sure which trigger to use that will send the second email in 7 days if the form from the first email is not filled out. My current SL and Flow is:

Hi James,

Maybe I didn't get the requirements. Can you please update FORM 1 or FORM 2 above, maybe that can help me in figuring out the logic.?

With the logic that I sent above for the batch campaign, it won't be too hard to figure out the logic for your exact requirements. Maybe just a few tweaks here and there.

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Hi Gursimran,

Form 1 is a form a lead will fill out for gated content on our website. After they fill out form 1 from the website, we send them an email to fill out form 2 for another content offer. If the lead does not fill out form 2 within 7 days, we then want to send them another email to fill out form 3 for a product demo. Does that help?

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

1st Smart Campaign (Trigger)

-> SMART LIST

If someone fills FORM 1

-> FLOW

send email to fill FORM 2

2nd Smart Campaign (Batch)

(logic is same as the above image of smart campaign)

-> SMART LIST

Filter 1: was sent email to fill FORM 2 in last 7 days

Filter 2: Form name is FORM 2

Filter 3: Person NOT IN Smart List Asset

-> FLOW

send email to fill FORM 3

-> SCHEDULE

Schedule it daily

* Smart LIst Asset

-> SMART LIST

Filter 1: was sent email to fill FORM 2 in last 6 days

Filter 2: Form name is FORM 2

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Gursimran. That is exactly what I have with one exception, filter 3 in the Smart List. I tested the filter with NOT IN Smart List and it did not include me in the group to send the offer for the 3rd form. But when I changed filter 3 to IN Smart List, it included me in the Smart List and did send me offer for the 3rd form.

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

James Zolinski wrote:

Thanks Gursimran. That is exactly what I have with one exception, filter 3 in the Smart List. I tested the filter with NOT IN Smart List and it did not include me in the group to send the offer for the 3rd form. But when I changed filter 3 to IN Smart List, it included me in the Smart List and did send me offer for the 3rd form.

When did you receive an email to download FORM 2? Is it EXACTLY 7 days ago? if not, you will not find your name in that group. I am pretty sure you must have received an email in the last 6 days (not exactly 7 days ago)

You have to use 'NOT IN' filter if you want to receive an email to fill FORM 3 after EXACTLY 7 days of receiving an email to fill FORM 2.

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Gursimran. When I was testing I was basing it on the last 15 minutes, just so I wouldn’t have to wait 7 days to see if the test worked. I tested again yesterday and changed the time frame to 2 days and “NOT IN’ program and it worked. I did not fill out the 2nd form for the 2nd offer and I did receive the email for the 3rd offer.