SOLVED

Re: Not filled out form

Go to solution
James_Zolinski
Level 4

Not filled out form

We are setting up kind of a nurture campaign where if a lead fills out a form, we send them an email with an offer to download another piece of content by filling out a form. If the lead does not fill out this form, another email is sent 7 days later offering a product demonstration. The problem I am having is getting the second email to send correctly within the time frame of 7 days. I currently have a filter for the form if it is not filled out, but only having a filter makes the SL a batch campaign but we want it to be a trigger, but I'm not sure which trigger to use that will send the second email in 7 days if the form from the first email is not filled out. My current SL and Flow is:

SL.JPG

flow.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

1st Smart Campaign (Trigger)

-> SMART LIST

If someone fills FORM 1

-> FLOW

send email to fill FORM 2

2nd Smart Campaign (Batch)

(logic is same as the above image of smart campaign)

-> SMART LIST

Filter 1: was sent email to fill FORM 2 in last 7 days

Filter 2: Form name is FORM 2

Filter 3: Person NOT IN Smart List Asset

-> FLOW

send email to fill FORM 3

-> SCHEDULE

Schedule it daily

* Smart LIst Asset

-> SMART LIST

Filter 1: was sent email to fill FORM 2 in last 6 days

Filter 2: Form name is FORM 2

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

You can achieve by using Filter in the smart list and set 'Schedule Recurrence' to daily. Also, make sure your qualification rules are set to "Each person can run through the flow once".

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Gursimran, that worked. But one problem, I tested not filling out the first form from the first offer, and since I did not fill out the form, I did receive the second email, but so did everyone in our database. How do I set up the SL and Flow so that only leads that have entered this program receive the second email if the form from the first offer was not filled out?

Natalie_Kremer
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

You could add another Smart List constraint of Member of Program or Was Sent Email to only send the second email to those who are within your current Program.

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Natalie. Would this be the correct way to set up the SL? Do I need to change the "Use All Filters" option at the top?

flow.JPG

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

Hi James,

I thought about the logic, you can also make it as a trigger campaign. See below images of both Smart List and Flow.

Smart List

marketologic1.PNG

Flow

marketologic2.PNG

In (1), select the email with an offer to download another piece of content

In (2), select the form name

In (3), select the email that is sent 7 days later offering a product demonstration.

Let me know if that works for you.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ooh, putting everyone in a wait step who was Delivered is not good for the reliability of your instance. Go back to your original idea of the batch.

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

Thanks, Sanford. Why it is not good for the reliability of the instance? Would love to know more.

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

As Sanford mentioned, using a trigger campaign based on the above logic is not good for reliability. You can use the batch campaign as below and schedule it daily.

You can use Was Sent Email in the past 7 days. This will also include people who received email 2,3 days ago etc.. To exclude these people, you have to create another smart list (logic below) and include in Filter 3.

marketologic3.PNG

Smart List Logic

marketologic5.PNG

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thank you Gursimran. When you say create another smart list logic, do you mean I have to create another campaign with this logic? So if my second campaign to send the second email offer is 02-Second offer, as an example, I should create another campaign called 03-Second Offer excludes?

Looking at your screen shots I’m not exactly sure where to create this other logic.