Re: No access to Lead Database, but...

Anonymous
Not applicable

No access to Lead Database, but...

If we create a role in Marketo that is not allowed access to the Lead Database, can the user still build a Smart List over in Marketing Activities?  We want our marketing folks to be able to define the target audience for their programs, but not edit, delete, merge, export, or in any other fashion actually touch the data.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Jessica_Cross1
Level 6

You can create a custom role that denies access to the lead database but allows them to create assets within the Marketing Activities. I created a similar role and entitled "Marketing User," see screenshot for details. Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 3.20.55 PM.png

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No access to Lead Database means the user cannot see "Lead Database" and cannot directly affect the smart lists there or act on individual leads.

They could still use those functions in Marketing Activities unless you block list import too.

Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3

I have the same question:

If I create a user role that has access to Marketing Activities and Design Studio only, will they still be able to view any customers/leads in the Smart Lists/Lists associated with any marketing programs - and their contact information?