SOLVED

Re: New to Marketo: Sync details and Data Migration

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When i opened marketo, I can see only people as a object, So even if i import leads/Contacts then how come my Marketo instance isolate my leads and contacts?🙂

Both SFDC Leads and SFDC Contacts are People in Marketo.

You'll still see the term "Lead" in many parts of the Marketo UI & API for legacy compatibility, but it should be read as equivalent to a Marketo Person, that is, it always combines SFDC Leads & SFDC Contacts.

LakhanMeghani
Level 2

Hello Mate, thanks for the reply.

Then how accounts came into picture in Marketo. I have around 1000 accounts which i want to migrate from Salesforce to Marketo.

Also, If lead and Contact are people in Marketo, that is fine but do My Account/Company name will be in link with my Contact? As we have in salesforce. In SFDC, we have account field on contact and on Lead we have Company name field. 

Then i guess, Marketo dell it as Company name only for lead and contact, Isnt it?

nravon
Level 1

If you are using the default connector it will handle all the links automatically (Accounts go into an object called "companies") but I am sure you can't interrogate that object unless via API and am sure you can;t do that if you use the default connector as that API is turned off.

SanfordWhiteman

Are you aware of Marketo's built-in Salesforce connector, and its immense power and feature set?

It seems v. strange to start off by importing people into Marketo only. This absolutely guarantees you will have duplicates when you turn on the SFDC connector — and trust me, you will eventually turn it on once you understand what it offers!

I recommend you work with an experienced Marketo & SFDC consultancy who can explain the whys and hows of the SFDC connector and help you roll it out. It would be unprofessional to tell you how to create duplicates-waiting-to-happen in Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman

(I see Katja has posted much the same thing while I was composing!)

LakhanMeghani
Level 2

I am going to use native integeration of Marketo with Salesforce