SOLVED

Re: New to Marketo: Sync details and Data Migration

Go to solution
LakhanMeghani
Level 2

New to Marketo: Sync details and Data Migration

Hello People,

I am New to Marketo and we are been switching our Hubspot to Marketo.

I am looking forward for the ways to migrate  data/records of my CRM Salesforce to Marketo.

We have CSV for Leads, Contacts, Accounts in Salesforce as well as I can export from it. How can I migrate that records to Marketo. I want leads,contacts, accounts to be their in Marketo in a isolated manner. Rightnow I can only see import people option.

How marketo seperates leads, contacts, accounts!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

It WILL allow you to sync the entire DB, including accounts, opportunities and every entity you set up to sync. So please do not go at this with manual uploads and get some proper advise on the process.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Katja_Keesom

Hi there, welcome to the Marketo community!

When it comes to CRM integration it is most common to set up an integration instead of manually uploading your data. I see you are using Salesforce as CRM, so Marketo does have a rather easy to use and implement native integration you can set up. Besides your leads, contacts and accounts that would also sync your opportunities data and allow you to sync campaigns too. By setting this up you would have (near) realtime data flowing back and forth between your platforms.

If you do not want to use a native integration, you can also set it up through middleware like Mulesoft or Informatica.

The main point is that a one time data cannot be done via the UI in the first place (except for contacts / leads as you noticed), but on top of that would run out of date really quick if it isn't updated from CRM. The point of an automation platform is to....yes, automate it. I would recommend to liaise with your IT team to set up an interface between the two. It would really be a good idea to get some advice on this process though.

You can find more information about the native integration here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Salesforce+Sync

LakhanMeghani
Level 2

Hello, Thanks for the reply.

In my Salesforce CRM, I already have thousands of leads, Contacts, Accounts and My Marketo is fresh New Org.

When I turn ON the sync between Marketo and salesforce, will it automatically sync thousands of leads, Contacts, Accounts from Salesforce to Marketo ?

I guess, I read somehere, it sync record from Salesforce to Marketo when record is edited/updated in Salesforce, Isn't it?

Katja_Keesom

Nope, your initial sync when you connect your instances will sync the entire database. After that, it is only new records and edits.

However, you can define business rules in your Salesforce instance for which records need to be synced and which ones don't by setting up sync rules.

As mentioned, I would suggest to get some outside advice on your specific situation in order to set up a sync solution that works for your specific use case.

LakhanMeghani
Level 2

Ok Great, Will it givme a option to sync entire Database of leads,Contacts and accounts while connecting my SFDC database with Marketo?

That is fine for me if going forward record will sync whenever created or updated!

LakhanMeghani
Level 2

So what i can do is-

If it is not giving me a option to sync entire DB, I will export ids in SFDC and import again so it will update my records in SFDC followed by sync in Marketo and going foward records are going to sync whenever created  or updated

So by this, I will done with Migration of Leads and contacts from SFDC to Marketo.

Did I understood right?

How I can deal with accounts now?

Katja_Keesom

It WILL allow you to sync the entire DB, including accounts, opportunities and every entity you set up to sync. So please do not go at this with manual uploads and get some proper advise on the process.

LakhanMeghani
Level 2

Thank You 😄

Noted the approach, lets me do some slice and dice of few test records and come again with my issues.

I will try by my own and let you know if any issues

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Lakhan, I can't emphasize strongly enough that you need someone with more experience leading you through this process to avoid the dire consequences of doing it wrong. This single thread isn't enough to go from "0 to 60" on the Marketo ↔︎ SFDC sync!

It's against community rules to self-promote, so Katja wouldn't be allowed to say this, but I can: please DM @Katja_Keesom and discuss a professional services engagement.  Of course there are many other sources of expert help, too, but you might as well go with someone who's already in the discussion.

LakhanMeghani
Level 2

Also, I am using Native integeration between Salesforce and Marketo.

I want to migrate leads,Contacts, Accounts only from Salesforce to my fresh new Marketo Instance, which I guess, I can set in sync setting along with field mapping.

I have duplicates in Salesforce so thought get out  a excel having unique records from Salesforce and import in Marketo. When i opened marketo, I can see only people as a object, So even if i import leads/Contacts then how come my Marketo instance isolate my leads and contacts?

Also, how accounts will be migrated, we have relationship between Contact and Account in SFDC, I couldn;t see anything like this in Marketo.

Will be Thankful if you can recommend something

Thanks Much 🙂