Re: New leads being created when webinar registration is forwarded...

Anonymous
Not applicable

New leads being created when webinar registration is forwarded...

After doing some research in the community - it sounds like this is a fairly common problem but I still don't have it solved. 

I just started my webinar promotions and noticed today that there are a bunch of leads that registered that only filled out their name and email. Meaning they skipped key fields like title, company name, etc. I believe this is becaues they leads that are coming from a forwarded email.

We have a "not you" link on the registration page. What is the best way to force someone to click on that? Do you lock down the email field so the person getting the email can't update that? 

Thanks for your help!

Erin

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the point of having a "not you" link on the registration page? Wouldn't it work to simply make the fields required and use progressive profiling? Prefill is tied to the cookies, so if they already are cookied they should see their own information and fewer fields, and if not they would need to fill out all of your necessary fields.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am finding that when people forward an email that was sent to them - it creates a new lead, but it won't require that they fill out all of the form fields. It seems to just let them fill out email and first/last name. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, that's strange.. I think you should contact support, might be a bug or something.