Re: New email editor is garbage. Please post your feedback. :)

Colby_Dix
Level 5

for sure. please add. thanks.

ooooh shiny.
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Ally,

Please send me email at jcooperman@marketo.com so I can look into your issues. This is extremely important, as we will not support the old editor indefinitely. We have been receiving great feedback from customers, and have fixed tons of issues already. The only way we can do this is with your help. I want to understand why your links or images were broken.

Thanks,

Justin

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Is there any way that you could stop the editor from modifying code that you copy and paste in? I find that the editor constantly modifies what I've done in Dreamweaver. It removes what it thinks to be "superfluous" <br> tags, as one example.

Slightly different gripe!

I much prefer editing the code myself in Dreamweaver then importing to avoid as many of these problems as I can. I've never trusted these editors and never will. If you can code it yourself, my advice is do it!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Phillip,

Same thing. Can you send me direct mail at jcooperman@marketo.com with the block of code you are inserting, and what you are seeing as the result. I will look into this for you.

Just FYI - I was working with another customer and realized that Dreamweaver code was being stripped/modified because it was using old/deprecated HTML syntax. The new editor will generally allow things as long as it is HTML5-compliant.

Thanks,

Justin

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Done!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Colby:

You are absolutely correct about the 'new' editor version.  Consider this validation.  The only saving grace was to find out from Marketo Support that I could switch back to Legacy from the Admin site.

Blast those 'span' tags!  They make formatting difficult.  I'm always deleting them from the code to clean things up because they cause rendering problems.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Please send me an email with the functional issues you are experiencing. Again, we will not support both editors forever. We are making several improvements to the new editor and I do not want your issue to slip through the cracks. Please send me an email with a description of what's occurring that you aren't happy with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Users have similar complain. More HTML involved for editing the any content, Window re-sizing is another problem. We reverted to legacy editor for my users. Images adjustment if really problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened a case July 20th dealing with segmentation links being broken.  No resolution currently but the engineers are working on a fix.

Created this discussion last week Segmentation with the New Rich Text Editor - Broken Links

We believe this issue involves the new email editor as the issue came up after it's implementation and programs created prior to it are not affected.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Just FYI for folks on this thread, I'll be updating status for outstanding text editor issues in the following thread:

New Text Editor is ****

Please follow that and also let me know if there are additional things you'd like to see added.