SOLVED

Re: New Sending Domain Needs New Unsub Page

Go to solution
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Nicol,

Can you go to the Unsubscribe Form and Unsubscribe Landing page and see where your follow up pages are pointing to?

It looks like on form submission, you are following up with the http://financing1.balboacapital.com/UnsubscribeConfirm.html  instead of the http://financing1.bizcashadvances.com/UnsubscribeConfirm.html

You can check the form level at

pastedImage_0.png

Or on the landing page at (click on the form -> edit)

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Floyd

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That won't help. What Nicol is running into is in fact a known deficiency in the Follow-up/Thank URL feature. The only workaround is via JS. I'm finding the old post where I supplied the code.

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hey Sanford,

Correct me if I am wrong, but would she not just set it up as "follow up type" external URL and point to http://financing1.bizcashadvances.com/UnsubscribeConfirm.html

Thanks

Floyd

SanfordWhiteman

SanfordWhiteman

OK, just so you realize, you didn't describe this need at all before.  "But I still cannot access the secondary domain, nor publish" doesn't suggest what you're talking about now.

What you're talking about now is a known deficiency in the Follow Up URL (Thank You URL) functionality.

See this post: Keeping Thank You pages on the same CNAME as Marketo LPs

Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

I really appreciate all the helpful information posted here, and I've bookmarked your post, Sanford. For our purposes, especially since we won't be very active with the additional brands, I am sending the unsubscribes to a confirmation page that will add them to a list and unsubscribe them from that particular brand.

SanfordWhiteman

Are you saying you no longer care about sending them to the secondary LP domain?

Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

Though I was able to send them to the correct LP domain for the unsub page, I was unable send them to the same correct domain for the confirmation page. I was able to create a LP with the correct domain for the unsub confirmation--so we're treating it as a one-click unsub. If they visit the page, I add them to a suppression list for that domain, but we may still retain them to receive material from our original brand. Fortunately, we won't be sending much from any of the other domains, so this is a manageable solution for us.

SanfordWhiteman

I was unable send them to the same correct domain for the confirmation page.

My blog post supplied the code to do exactly that.

If they visit the page, I add them to a suppression list for that domain

I hope you do not mean you're triggering an unsubscribe based only on a Visits Web Page ​event.

Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

I'm not triggering an unsubscribe, just adding them to a list that I can in turn use as a suppression list from that particular brand.