New SFDC field not syncing to Marketo??

John_Danielson1
Level 3

New SFDC field not syncing to Marketo??

I created a new field on both the lead and contact in our SFDC instance and I am not seeing it in Marketo. I found this previous discussion How to Have a New Field in Salesforce Sync to Marketo and it says to just wait 5 minutes. I created the field almost 30 minutes ago. I also checked the field level security and it is checked off as visible. Any idea what's going on? Is there a way to manually force this in SF or marketo?

4 REPLIES 4
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: New SFDC field not syncing to Marketo??

Hi John Danielson

Try making a change to the field value for at least one record on both Lead and Contact objects. Creating the fields is part one, but the sync cycle needs to know that the field exists in order to pull it down to Marketo, so part two is generating a SysModStamp on that field to get it seen and synced down.

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

If all else fails here, log directly into the SFDC UI with your Marketo Sync User and see if you can see the field.  If you can see it, then it should sync down in time.  If you do not see it, it's a permissions issue.

John_Danielson1
Level 3

Thanks Mike and Jim. I think the internal server error Marketo was experiencing earlier was affecting it. I see the field now.

Jason_Humphries
Level 2

This happened to me yesterday. I added 6 fields to SFDC and only 3 showed up in Marketo. I logged in as Marketo Sync and was able to see the values so the permissions were ok. I didn't see the fields show up until this morning (12+ hrs later).