New Email AB Testing Functionality

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Email AB Testing Functionality

Is it possible to test more than one variable in each AB test?  I know you can test up to 10 variations of one variable so say you can test the subject line and up to 10 versions that subject line, but can you AB test the subject line and from name in the same test? 

Thanks!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Email AB Testing Functionality

You can test with entirely different emails, so I'd make one email, clone it, and then change both the Subject Line and From Name.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are referring to Multi-variate testing ... which the new functionality does not support. Sorry!
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

While I certainly agree that Erik's method is how I would go about it, you need to be a bit careful with multi-variate testing - it almost defeats the purpose of A/B testing. If one "wins" over another, how do you know if it was because of the subject line or the from email address?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holly, one of the ways I have done it is by using a segment to define the test groups...Happy New Year by the way...-Mark
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mark, Happy New Year!  We are hoping to get there.  We are working with statistician to define behavioral nano-clusters for our customer base.  Our last experiment we ran 12 different email versions with 4 variables per email to 7 different (random) lists.  I was hoping the AB test functionality would help take some of the manual email building out, but it looks like we are out of luck at this time.  Hopefully, once we do figure out some of the nano-clusters, we can use segmentations to automate programs.  Thanks for the suggestion!