SOLVED

Re: New DCRM field checked to sync w/ Marketo; how long before available?

Go to solution
Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

New DCRM field checked to sync w/ Marketo; how long before available?

We just created a new field in Dynamics CRM and checked it off in Marketo under "Integration > Microsoft Dynamics > Field Sync Details". The field is now grayed out, checked off and has "(Syncing...)" next to it (see below). I'm wondering if anyone knows about how long it will take for this to finish? The field has data in it for only a handful of test contacts in Dynamics. Thanks.

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dave,

With the latest version of the MSD connector, when you sync a field after the initial sync, Marketo will sync the field for all the persons in your database. So if you have a large number of person records in you DB, this may take a few hours.

What is the size of your DB?

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dave,

With the latest version of the MSD connector, when you sync a field after the initial sync, Marketo will sync the field for all the persons in your database. So if you have a large number of person records in you DB, this may take a few hours.

What is the size of your DB?

-Greg

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

Thanks Grégoire Michel . Makes sense. We have 250k+ in our sandbox environment that I am testing on so I probably just need to give it a little more time. It has been at least a couple of hours though so hopefully it will finish up soon.

I'm curious, have you tried unchecking/checking a field in the "Field Sync Details" area to essentially force resync the data values between DCRM<>Marketo? At Summit last week one of Marketo's PMs suggested doing this if we ever need to resync for a field. I have been reaching out to Support directly to do this with one of their admin tools, but it would be great to be able to reliably do it on my own from the UI.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dave,

No I have never tested unsync'ing and resync'ing a field. If you try it, let us know what happens

250k records may take about 12 to 13h, AFAIK.

-Greg

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

OK, thanks. That's a little longer than I had anticipated.

I will post something in the Community if I try that uncheck/check approach for resyncing a field.