Re: New BrightTalk Integration?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tim,

I'm currently dealing with the lead source = Event Partner issue. We are now using "original lead source" in place of our "lead source" field and are using new values for this new original lead source field. I'm in the process of a clean up effort and cannot figure out how to redefine what field to map to (original lead source instead of lead source) and change the value from Event Partner to BrightTalk. How did you go about changing this in the past? I've setup some 'change data value' workflows for a webinar program we have running right now, but it doesn't seem to be working across the board.

I contacted BrightTalk about this and they told me to ask someone at Marketo, so figured I would check here before filing a ticket.

Guy_Goldstein6
Level 5

David_Pitta
Level 2

Hi All,

I'm happy to be a resource to anyone setting up integration or has questions with using BrightTALK + Marketo.

I'll explain the value of our advance integration, but it may be helpful to understand the original (basic) integration we used and is still used by webinar platforms today. Many years ago, when Marketo started LaunchPoint - they created the event API and completed the integration with webinar platforms (GoTo, WebEx, On24, BrightTALK, etc.). This API was closed-off from integration partners to develop custom solutions. Marketo hard-coded the progression statuses; frequency of API calls and the data set that could be sent between the webinar platform and your Marketo instance.

Roll forward many years, our clients (and the market) demands more data, more often, and with more flexibility on how they manage progression statuses. Unfortunately, because the event partner API and configuration is not within our control - we had to build an advance connector.

The advance BrightTALK + Marketo connector sends a full data set; it calls the API every hour; and it allows you the flexibility to customize the progression statuses for your webinar programs. Whereas the first connector sent through 13 fields of data and hard coded a limited set of progression statuses, the new connector provides 82 fields of data and full customization. Notable fields in the advance connector include:

• Unique UTM tracking for registrations vs. live viewings
  • The ability to pass-through a MKTO token to associate an unknown visitor to a known user after registration
  • Tracking of attachment downloads or clicks by UTM
  • Track live viewings vs. recorded viewings vs. total viewings for each viewer
  • ....and other advance techniques that are simply not available with the basic connector.

You can also customize progression statuses far beyond a registration or viewing. For example, many of our customers track progression statuses of registrations based on UTM or track opportunity creation, by webinar, by UTM. You are in control of how granular you want to track progression in a program.

With our advance connector, you do setup a 'custom' LaunchPoint service. We have a master program template you can import into your instance, which is built with the latest best practices and is engineered to do program membership association (it's even easier than the original event connector). Or we can send you our best practice document that highlights how to easily do membership association by program.

I'm a user of BrightTALK + Marketo for over 8 years and love the power these two technology platforms provide. I firmly believe BrightTALK has built the most advanced connector available between a webinar platform and Marketo. Please reach out here, or directly dpitta @ brighttalk.com, with any questions.

Best,

David Pitta

CMO @BrightTALK

Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Hi David,

Have you updated documentation yet that explains to marketers how they use it after it has been implemented?

I think the improvements provide a lot more data in a more realtime fashion, but I think the snag is how we as marketers work that into our flow.

With the other event integrations users have become accustom to simply syncing the program and let it do the work of changing membership and program statuses.  If the new connector does not do that out of the box then I think the solution is solid documentation.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response David,

The new advanced connector sounds like a great improvement, as a brand new client of BrightTALK we are excited to use all those new features you listed. Can you have someone post some kind of documentation about how we can set up those features?

Much appreciated,

Sue Fee

Anonymous
Not applicable

David Pitta​ - The documentation for this would be very helpful.

David_Pitta
Level 2

Hi Christina,

The documentation is ready. We've also maneuvered MKTO support to connect clients to our sandbox. This allows you to import our master template. We will continue to invest in making sure our templates are best-in-class and the data/connector provides what you need to be successful.

I'll have Success to send you the documentation right away.

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

We are also currently trying to implement the advanced connector. Could you please share the documentation + program template? Much appreciated.

-Bruno.

Kara_Fischer3
Level 1

Hi there, looking for the documentation from BrightTALK and the supposed template to go along with this. My marketo isn't receiving any of the registrants from my integration and I have followed all the documentation I can find. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: Documentation

Could you simply post a link here, rather than needing to take extra time going through Support channels?
Thanks