Netsuite and Salesforce - Two CRMs, one Marketo Instance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Netsuite and Salesforce - Two CRMs, one Marketo Instance

Does anyone have any guidance, experience or war stories related to syncing two CRMs with one Marketo instance, in this case, Netsuite and Salesforce.  In this hypothetical scenario, let's say that Salesforce holds data from one business unit, and Netsuite from another.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Netsuite and Salesforce - Two CRMs, one Marketo Instance

Hey Tom,

Haven't ever done this myself, but just hearing this makes me cringe a little bit...  (like eating bbq ribs in a white suit). My suggestion, make your CRM your source of truth and only integrate the CRM to your Marketo instance. Then, figure out a way to get the information you need that's in Netsuite into your CRM. This would make troubleshooting problems alot simpler as you only are dealing with MKTO <-> SFDC and SDFC <-> Netsuite. As I don't use SFDC, I can't speak to the quality of a Netsuite to SFDC integration, but after a quick google search saw that there appear to be some vendors in the marketplace.

Just my 2 cents though...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha! BBQ in a white suit indeed.

It’s interesting that you mention Netsuite to Salesforce, as that’s the long term vision, and most ideal way to manage this scenario, but I’m currently looking at a short/mid term solution that will likely require that two-CRM approach.

Thanks for the reply, and I’ll report back to this post as I continue to navigate this.

Chris_Johnston
Level 8

The quick answer is no. Natively it's a 1 to 1 relationship. There are work arounds like NetSuite - > SFDC -> Marketo which sounds like your long term vision and is likely the correct one. I'd also look at creating a Data Warehouse which holds all of your data to be your source of truth as you get multiple CRMs involved. Realistically though, you won't find a shorter term solution than connecting Netsuite to Salesforce. At Salytics (Gold Digital Services Partner of Marketo), we have worked with this type of scenario (2 SFDCs - > 1 Marketo) and would be happy to assist with such an implementation.

Iraj_Khaliqi2
Level 2

Thanks for asking this question, I was about to ask the same question. We are in a similar situation, moving from NetSuite to SFDC. We will still need to use NetSuite in the short term until we transfer everything to SFDC, and in the long term as our ERP system. Please let us know if you find any solutions

Chris_Johnston
Level 8

The best bet for doing a transfer is to have the SFDC ready. You can have Netsuite -> Salesforce connection setup and running while Netsuite -> Marketo is setup. Marketo will then create a clone of your Marketo instance for you to connect with SFDC. We just finished a project with a client who was upgrading from Salesforce Classic to Salesforce Lightning which required this to be done.