SOLVED

Re: Nesting a {{Lead.first name}} token inside of a program {{my.token}}

Go to solution
Rachel_Bryan
Level 2

Nesting a {{Lead.first name}} token inside of a program {{my.token}}

Hello!

We recently sent out an email for a webinar program where we use {{my.tokens}} to populate the body copy of all our emails and landing pages. Inside one of the {{my.tokens}} we used a {{lead.first name}} token that did not populate. I am having a hard time finding any information that talks about this, but are you unable to have a {{lead.XXXX} token inside of a program specific {{my.token}}? Or did this just fail?

Rachel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't do this using a Text {{my.token}} but you absolutely can within a Velocity {{my.token}} (Velocity always supports implicit nesting, or it wouldn't work at all).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You can't do this using a Text {{my.token}} but you absolutely can within a Velocity {{my.token}} (Velocity always supports implicit nesting, or it wouldn't work at all).

Rachel_Bryan
Level 2

Hi Sanford, thank you for the information. Sorry to sound ignorant, but are velocity tokens for developers? I don't ever see them as an option within the general {{My.tokens}} options at the program level.

SanfordWhiteman

Velocity is the language used in Email Script tokens. I tend to call them "Velocity tokens" to be explicit.