Need to stop customers from showing up on Sales Insights

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to stop customers from showing up on Sales Insights

How can I stop scoring customers so they don't show on the sales insights tab on SFDC? Is there a flow step I can add that excludes them from scoring?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to stop customers from showing up on Sales Insights

HI Evelyn,

How do you flag customers currently in SFDC? I.E, if you're using SFDC Type is customer, then you would use that as a filter to take down their score. Dependent on how you segment customers from prospects, you will use that criteria to set up and reset and/or decay scoring campaign to prevent them from qualifying for MSI. Also keep in mind that leads that show up in MSI depends greatly on your overall scoring methodology as well as how many leads you have that are scored against each other.

The simple answer is create a smart campaign based on their qualifying criteria as customer and in the flow step reset or decay their score. I recommend using scoring tokens if possible to keep your scoring program manageable and consistent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to stop customers from showing up on Sales Insights

Another step I have used is adding an additional filter to every scoring campaign to exclude customers (based on whatever flag you use). 

This prevents the customers from continuing to aggregate new scores based on their continued activity. 

I also take a "snapshot" of the scores by copying the values into another field before resetting them to zero. This is useful if you ever want to do some analysis of score values at the time your leads become customers so you can determine how predictive your model actually is.