SOLVED

Re: Need to push event approvals from SFDC to Marketo - creative solutions?

Go to solution
Samantha_McCol1
Level 3

Need to push event approvals from SFDC to Marketo - creative solutions?

Hey everyone! I am trying to allow reps to approve/reject leads when they register for a giveaway at an event. Here is what I am trying to achieve:

1. Lead fills out a form, gets added to the SFDC campaign with the campaign status of "Needs Review"

2. Rep reviews the lead and changes the status to approve or reject

3. That status would sync over to Marketo and kick off a series of flow steps based on either approved or rejected

Here is the problem:  Marketo can't be triggered off of the campaign member fields.

I am trying to avoid any additional field setups and need this to be as simple and with as few steps as possible (ya know, because reps ) We also need it to happen instantaneously so a batch wouldn't work. Brainstorming some ideas and would love to hear your thoughts on it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Samantha,

You can use the trigger "Status is Changed in SFDC Campaign" in the smart campaign's smart list.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Samantha,

You can use the trigger "Status is Changed in SFDC Campaign" in the smart campaign's smart list.

Samantha_McCol1
Level 3

Eureka! I did not know this trigger existed - thank you!

Troy_Perry1
Level 2

Hi Samantha,

I second what Devraj Grewal​ mentioned. I see two options here:

1. Ensure your SFDC Campaign and Marketo Programs are 1:1 sync and use "program status was changed" = "Needs Review" in the smart campaign's smart list
  2. Use smart campaign trigger of "Status is Changed in SFDC Campaign" in the smart campaign's smart list