SOLVED

Re: Need to move out an engagement program after 60 days

Go to solution
Ben_Cooper
Level 2

Need to move out an engagement program after 60 days

I have an engagement program that has a smart campaign to move them out into another engagement program if the following occurs:

1. 60 days after SFDC creation date

And

2. SFDC numeric field is between 1 and 9

I am struggling with part 1 of the smart list. I know that you can apply a wait time of 60 days on the flow, but this is for the smart list portion of the smart campaign. What is the best way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Ben,

It's always prefer to avoid long wait periods in flow steps because at the end of 60 days, you may not want to run them through anymore. Create a smart list with the filter SFDC Created Date in past 59 days.

So build the smart campaign's smart list like so:

1. SFDC created date in past 60 days

2. Member of smart list: not in SFDC Created Date in past 59 days

3. SFDC Numeric field is between 1 and 9

The combination of 1 and 2 allows only those created in SFDC 60 days ago to qualify, since it omits those created in the last 59 days. The flow will then have only the step to move to the new engagement program.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ben

filter: person was created in past before 60 days. Make it a batch and run every day. Make sure that everyone can run through the flow only once.

Another way is to create a date field and when the lead is added tot the Engagement Program, change the data value of that field to {{system.Date}}+60, then run a batch campaign every day filters on the data field being in the past + the lead still in the EP.

It's always better than a long wait step that you loose track of.

-Greg

Devraj_Grewal

Ben,

It's always prefer to avoid long wait periods in flow steps because at the end of 60 days, you may not want to run them through anymore. Create a smart list with the filter SFDC Created Date in past 59 days.

So build the smart campaign's smart list like so:

1. SFDC created date in past 60 days

2. Member of smart list: not in SFDC Created Date in past 59 days

3. SFDC Numeric field is between 1 and 9

The combination of 1 and 2 allows only those created in SFDC 60 days ago to qualify, since it omits those created in the last 59 days. The flow will then have only the step to move to the new engagement program.

Ben_Cooper
Level 2

Thanks. This makes sense. I used your steps for the smart campaign, but added member of engagement program: current program, to the smart campaign's smart list. I assume that's ok, as I don't want to accidentally bring in somebody that isn't in the engagement program into this smart campaign.

Devraj_Grewal

Yes, definitely want to include that filter as well.