SOLVED

Need to divide a smartlist based on how a form is filled out

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to divide a smartlist based on how a form is filled out

Hi! I am trying to separate my company's newsletter subscribers into three groups: people who are interested in a product newsletter, people who are interested in a culture newsletter, and people who are interested in getting both newsletters. I am planning on doing this by sending out a survey built with a Marketo form in the next general newsletter. How can I have the list divide automatically into new lists as people respond?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Need to divide a smartlist based on how a form is filled out

Hi Audrey,

The easiest way to do this would be to have each interest be a boolean field on your form.  Your subscribers could check the boxes they want, and then submit the form to store that info on their records in Marketo.

You would then have a smart list with a filter for  "Option A is true" and a smart list with a filter for "Option B is true".  You could use those lists in your smart campaigns, and every record would get the newsletters they want.

Does that make sense?

John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Audrey,

The easiest way to do this would be to have each interest be a boolean field on your form.  Your subscribers could check the boxes they want, and then submit the form to store that info on their records in Marketo.

You would then have a smart list with a filter for  "Option A is true" and a smart list with a filter for "Option B is true".  You could use those lists in your smart campaigns, and every record would get the newsletters they want.

Does that make sense?

John

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You will need to create those fields in Marketo and/or CRM before you begin.