SOLVED

Re: Need some help with a filter on a trigger

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some help with a filter on a trigger

I have an alert which is triggered by a lead moving to a specific Revenue stage in my model.  However, I don't want the alert to be sent to people who have recently requested a demo (filled out a demo request form), or those who work for my company (email address contains wealthengine.com). 

The way I have it set is as follows:
Trigger: Revenue Stage is Changed, new stage is "Qualified Lead"
Filter 1: Not filled out form., Form name contains "Request" in past 3 days
OR
Filter 2: Email Address not contains "wealthengine.com"

In my model, someone becomes a "qualified lead" when they achieve a lead score of 90 or they fill out the request form.  Occasionallly, I get an alert for someone who fills out the request form, but not all the time.  I'm also getting alerts for people with "wealthengine.com" in their email address - so I think something might be wrong with the filter in the trigger. 

Any suggestions as to how to set up the correct filters?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jocelyn,

Not a problem! The AND in your filter logic will accomplish this. The way you have it written out, if I am an employee who has not filled out the form, I would qualify for the first version of your logic. And vice versa, if I filled out the form and I am a non-employee, then I would qualify for the second part of your logic. In both cases, I continue to the flow because of the OR.

To answer your second question, by using AND, you are saying any person who is not an employee and has not filled out the form in the past three days are eligible, which is what you want. They are not exclusive of one another, they work in conjunction with each other. Your desired Lead/Contact you want to qualify for this campaign is someone who is a non-employee AND who has not filled out the form. 

That make sense? Sorry, it's a little tough to type out.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jocelyn,

I would try changing the OR to an AND. Give it a shot!
Anonymous
Not applicable

"and" isn't going to work, as then it would exclude only my staff people who filled out the request form....
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your second filter, you have Email Address Not Contains your naming convention. If you change it to AND, you will be saying they have not filled out the form AND they are not an employee. By saying OR, you are saying that either they did not fill out the form (which will include employees) OR they are not an employee (which will include those who filled out the form). When you use OR, they only have to satisfy one of the filters to qualify.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeff is right. AND will ensure both conditions are met, and in this case, you want to exclude BOTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeff, Charlie,

Thank you so much for engaging with me on this.  Is there a way to create a filter condition that reflects the following:

Reaches Revenue Stage AND Did not fill out the form
OR
Reaches Revenue Stage AND is not an employee

I thought the OR in my existing filter would do that.

Essentially, I want to exclude everyone who fills out the form and everyone who is an employee.  Wouldn't having an "AND" in the filter condition exclude only employees who fill out the form?

Sorry I'm being so dense about this 🙂

- Jocelyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jocelyn,

Not a problem! The AND in your filter logic will accomplish this. The way you have it written out, if I am an employee who has not filled out the form, I would qualify for the first version of your logic. And vice versa, if I filled out the form and I am a non-employee, then I would qualify for the second part of your logic. In both cases, I continue to the flow because of the OR.

To answer your second question, by using AND, you are saying any person who is not an employee and has not filled out the form in the past three days are eligible, which is what you want. They are not exclusive of one another, they work in conjunction with each other. Your desired Lead/Contact you want to qualify for this campaign is someone who is a non-employee AND who has not filled out the form. 

That make sense? Sorry, it's a little tough to type out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff -

I read through it again, and I see it now!  I really appreciate your sticking with me on this...  Those negative filter characteristics are a bear 🙂

- Jocelyn
Anonymous
Not applicable

No kidding! But I'm glad I could help!