Re: Need help with link font

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with link font

So I'm relatively new to Email 2.0 and have run up against this issue.

All of my links appear in a different font.  I would like the entire email in Arial, but no matter how many times I select all & select Arial from the drop-down, this is the end result.

I should also note that it appears find in the editor and only looks "off" when I send myself a Sample Email.

Thoughts?  Snip below.

pastedImage_0.png

9 REPLIES 9
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Lisa,

In the HTML version of the email, search "font". More than likely there is a separate <font> tag around the link that is something other than Arial.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Email editor 2.0... Does your template use modules? Are you using one of the default templates?

Devraj Grewal​ may be correct. The issues either may have the font tag or if the module was coded by the defaults it puts in some strange fonts in the div tags under the inline styles.

I have also read someone else having a similar issue but it was in terms of color, and when Marketo reviewed it further they realized that there was an error in their instance. If the manual change of font doesn't work you may want to reach out to support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's a default template. 

I'm having trouble locating the tag in the HTML so I may need to have support take a look.

Thanks!

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Which template? I may be able to advise. Do you have the html?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's one that Marketo created for us based on an alert template. 

Here's a snippet. I bolded the link text.

<p style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 15px 0px 25px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-weight: normal; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: inherit; font-family: Raleway, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box; color: #444444;

letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;"><span style="font-size: 14px; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">In an article at IACCM’s <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><a href="https://www2.iaccm.com/news/contractingexcellence/?" style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box;

text-decoration: underline; transition: color 0.3s ease, background-color 0.3s ease; color: #0d82c5; cursor: pointer; outline: 0px;" target="_blank">Contracting Excellence Magazine</a></span>, Paul Golding (Director of TRG Law) recommends creating standards for non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to minimize the costs involved in talking about when you will start talking business.</span></p>

<p style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 15px 0px 25px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-numeric: in

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

See Bold Italicized large:

<p style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 15px 0px 25px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-weight: normal; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: inherit; font-family: Raleway, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box; color: #444444;

letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;"><span style="font-size: 14px; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">In an article at IACCM’s <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><a href="https://www2.iaccm.com/news/contractingexcellence/?" style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box;

text-decoration: underline; transition: color 0.3s ease, background-color 0.3s ease; color: #0d82c5; cursor: pointer; outline: 0px;" target="_blank">Contracting Excellence Magazine</a></span>, Paul Golding (Director of TRG Law) recommends creating standards for non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to minimize the costs involved in talking about when you will start talking business.</span></p>

<p style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 15px 0px 25px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-variant-numeric: in

It looks like there are a few different font-family's in your code. you may want to review them and bring it to Arial. that should fix it from there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I fixed those but it did not solve it, so I'll need to dig in some more...

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Probably, but you now know what to look for. By the way what are you using to edit the code in? because if you are using a text editor like notepad ++ you could highlight one group of the font-type and it will highlight all the others for you so it won't take as long.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to edit it directly in Marketo.  I'll have to try something else.  Thanks!