Need help! with POST URL setup

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help! with POST URL setup

Rajesh, are you saying that the fields the developer needs are the ones highlighted in orange below?

<form class='mktoForm mktoNoJS' action='http://pages.jerusalemprayerteam.org/index.php/leadCapture/save' method='post'>

<div class='mktoFormRow'>

<div class='mktoFormCol'>

<label class="mktoLabel" for='FirstName'>

First Name:  </label>

<input type="text" class='mktoField mktoTextField' name='FirstName' id='FirstName'>

</div>

</div>

<label class="mktoLabel" for='LastName'>

Last Name:  </label>

<input type="text" class='mktoField mktoTextField' name='LastName' id='LastName'>

</div>

</div>

<label class="mktoLabel" for='Email'>

Email Address:  </label>

<input type="text" class='mktoField mktoTextField' name='Email' id='Email'>

</div>

</div>

<label class="mktoLabel" for='LeadSource'>

Source:  </label>

<input type="text" class='mktoField mktoTextField' name='LeadSource' id='LeadSource'>

</div>

</div>

<label class="mktoLabel" for='salemID'>

Salem ID:  </label>

<input type="text" class='mktoField mktoTextField' name='salemID' id='salemID'>

</div>

</div>

<span style="display:none;"><input type="text" name="_marketo_comments" value=""></span>

<span class='mktoButtonWrap'><button type='submit' class='mktoButton'>Submit</button></span>

<input type="hidden" name="lpId" value="1290" />

<input type="hidden" name="subId" value="144" />

<input type="hidden" name="lpurl" value="http://pages.jerusalemprayerteam.org/Capital-Petition.html?cr={creative}&amp;kw={keyword}" />

<input type="hidden" name="formid" value="1228" />

<input type="hidden" name="ret" value="" />

<input type="hidden" name="munchkinId" value="591-HWU-361"/>

<input type="hidden" name="kw" value=""/>

<input type="hidden" name="cr" value=""/>

<input type="hidden" name="searchstr" value=""/>

<input type="hidden" name="_mkt_disp" value="return"/>

<input type="hidden" name="_mkt_trk" value=""/>

</form>

Thank you,

Laura

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You see, Laura, this is why copy-and-paste leads to confusion.  It's not just the orange fields, but neither do they need all the fields from the LP version of the form.  If you send them the embed code, nothing can be miscommunicated.  The embedded form contains the minimum fields necessary to post from an external site to Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Point well taken Sanford...I did send her the embed code, but didn't get any feedback from her on whether she derived the fields or not. I will try again with her.

Also, it sounds like she is planning to include the munchkin code.

Thank you,

Laura

SanfordWhiteman

What about the prefill question?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I just wasn't sure that in the event we have a lead already in the database who fills out the form, we would want to use the prefill option. I guess it's more of a best practices question. Is it best to use prefill on forms? There is one case where we used--with the unsubscribe form--and ran into issues where whenever someone tried to unsubscribe, it defaulted to their original status as still being subscribed.

Thanks,

Laura

SanfordWhiteman

If you're on non-Marketo LP, you won't be able to use prefill unless you have a very Marketo-savvy developer.  So in your case you don't have a choice.

As for best practices when you have that choice, there's no one answer.  To some marketers, remembering someone's email address/firstname/lastname (at minimum) helps leads feel wanted, while others feel it's creepy.  Some companies prohibit "authentication" based only on an email address (i.e. not a password nor other auth factors), while others don't specifically care one way or the other.  To me, remembering entries within the same browser is fine, while remembering data across browsers is questionable (identifying them across browsers is a different question from actually pulling up their data and showing it to them. and even progressive profiling can be used without pushing existing data to the browser).