SOLVED

Need help with Lead Creation Attribution report - ASAP!

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with Lead Creation Attribution report - ASAP!

SOS! I need to determine the number of people that become leads (ie. went from anonymous to known) as a result of clicking on an offer in one of our blog posts. The offer takes them to an API form to sign up for a free trial, so completing the form would create the lead. Here's is what I've done so far in my smart list - would appreciate any feedback cause not sure this is quite the right wasy to go about it:
0EM50000000SYOx.jpg

Also wondering if Marketo recognizes the info that appears after the base url (the part that would start with ? that would help with tracking). There are 2 offers on the blog page that point to the same form, but one offer is on the sidebar and one is at the bottom. Would like to track separetly if possible.

THANK YOU!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Need help with Lead Creation Attribution report - ASAP!

Sorry, Alisa - I provided incorrect info above.  Only links within emails require the full http:// prototcol in the constraint value.  How you have it is correct.

As for the the data contained within the querystring (after the ?), you can simply create another constraint (Querystring) and the value would be whatever follows the "?".

0EM50000000SYPR.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_

One item I quickly noticed that you'll need to correct is the "Link Name" constraint.  For links in emails and web pages, you need to include the full URL (including the http:// protocol).  Otherwise, Marketo won't track the activity.  If you using "contains" instead of "is", your value would work.  But it's more efficient to use "is".
Dan_Stevens_

Sorry, Alisa - I provided incorrect info above.  Only links within emails require the full http:// prototcol in the constraint value.  How you have it is correct.

As for the the data contained within the querystring (after the ?), you can simply create another constraint (Querystring) and the value would be whatever follows the "?".

0EM50000000SYPR.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Dan for the speedy reply! So it sounds like I've set up the smart list correctly to give me the info I need, right?
Dan_Stevens_

First, are you sure the API form properly created the leads in Marketo?  Probably a stupid question, but thought I'd ask.  Also, since you did include a querystring as part of the the URL, you'll might want to think about defining it like the example I provided or change the "Link Name" constraint to "contains" instead of "is".  If I recall, when we were testing our campaign, including the querystring as part of the Link Name, caused no tracking to take place.  I can't see your full URL, so unsure if you included the querystring portion in it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went through something similar on an Uberflip integration. Dan's Click Link trigger will work great for known visitors. However, if someone is not known, they won't get added to the Program because they are anonymous.

Another option to consider is using the Filled Out Form (assuming that's the activity you want to track and the API you are using allows you to use this trigger). Or you use in combination with Lead is Created trigger. You'd then use the Has Visited Web Page filter to specify your page. The important things is to add the timeframe. As long as the person visited that page in the last x minutes, they would be added to your program.  You could also try the Clicked Link filter.

Does this make sense?

0EM50000000SYVR.jpg