Re: Need help! How to set up API for externally hosted webpage and form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help! How to set up API for externally hosted webpage and form?

Hello,

We have a campaign that we will be running using an externally hosted webpage and form. The landing page and form will be hosted by a third party vendor.  We do need the information from the external form to come into Marketo via an API.  I have never worked with APIs before… so two questions. 

My questions  are:   

How do we set up the API? 

Also, what information do I need to provide to the third party vendor regarding my Marketo instance and what information will I need from them? 

thanks,

Niti

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You won't be "setting up" an API, you're consuming (i.e. using) an existing API.

And that API is the Forms 2.0 API, with which you'll make a hidden form submission to Marketo in the background. This is an entirely browser-side solution and -- typically -- not complex, but will require a Forms 2.0-savvy JS developer to execute it properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. The developer on our side or the third party vendor side? if I am not mistaken, I will be speaking to a developer on the vendor side in the near future. I am just not sure what information I will need to provide to this developer. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, I found another post on this. I have the same issue. ....

External Webpage, external form, but want to pass back a form fill activity

SanfordWhiteman

By the way, I found another post on this. I have the same issue. ....

... and you can build off the solution I posted on that other thread, the one marked Correct.

Of course you need to add hidden fields to the (also hidden) form before submitting it, using the Forms 2.0 addHiddenFields method.

SanfordWhiteman

Show http://developers.marketo.com/blog/make-a-marketo-form-submission-in-the-background/ to whoever is building the client-side solution. If they don't understand it, they should hire someone who does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was helpful. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So for this project, we have a landing page that will be hosted by third party vendor. We need the metrics - landing page clicks and views -  sent back to Marketo.  I’ve provided the vendor with the munchkin code. When we are testing, nothing is showing up in Marketo. Wondering if I am missing something?   Also, is using “clicked link on webpage” an accurate filter? 

SanfordWhiteman

Please open a new thread for this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay.