SOLVED

Re: Need direction on Custom Object Triggers

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need direction on Custom Object Triggers

Hi everyone!

I am sure there are a lot of other users out there that have come into this problem, I have already searched around and finding it hard to get some more insight as to how to go around it and so I thought as a last resort I would come here to ask for some help

So I understand that by default, you can not trigger off custom object 'Updates' and only by 'Added'

I know that if you are on the Orion Infrastructure you can use this CO update feature. (I am currently getting this investigated) I was just wondering in the mean time, incase there was some reason where we can not upgrade, what is the current solution that people are using to get around it?

Basically I need to trigger a custom object lets say 'Booking Custom Object'

There is a field within this object as 'State' and can change from REQUESTED,DECLINED,ACCEPTED etc.

I simply need to trigger an email when a specific booking has gone from Requested to Accepted or Declined etc.

I had hoped that the 'Added to Bookings Custom Object' feature would also count as an update as it definitely updates the information, but it does not appear in the activity log and therefore I can not trigger.

I apologize if there are plenty of resources available or if this was already answered but I have searched for over a week now for a solution and can't seem to find anything apart from just moving to the Orion Infrastructure.

Any help/insight at all would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I simply need to trigger an email when a specific booking has gone from Requested to Accepted or Declined etc.

I had hoped that the 'Added to Bookings Custom Object' feature would also count as an update as it definitely updates the information

You don't need "added" to count as an update. You need an update to count as, well, an update. "Added" only happens once, when a person record is linked (via a role) to an Opportunity.  Otherwise there would be nothing to distinguish create and update.

You could unlink the Opportunity and relink it. Naturally this will require some coding.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I had hoped that the 'Added to Bookings Custom Object' feature would also count as an update as it definitely updates the information

You don't need "added" to count as an update. You need an update to count as, well, an update. "Added" only happens once, when a person record is linked (via a role) to an Opportunity.  Otherwise there would be nothing to distinguish create and update.

You could unlink the Opportunity and relink it. Naturally this will require some coding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford!

Cool, just as I thought. I was going to ask if relinking it would work so that may have to be the work around that we will have to do if we can not get the update feature.

Once again, Thank you so much Sanford!