Need campaign to remove people from lists containing certain words

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Need campaign to remove people from lists containing certain words

Due to a legal issue, we need to remove a group of contacts from lists containing certain words going forward, but not delete them as they can be on other lists outside of this scenario. I would like to create a triggered campaign to automate this, but I am running into some issues. I would like for it to do this: triggered filter that says if anyone containing these email addresses listed is added to a list that contains "word1" or "word2" > remove them from lists containing "word1" or "word2". But in the remove from list filter it looks like you need to name specific lists. Any idea how I can achieve this?

11 REPLIES 11
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Re: Need campaign to remove people from lists containing certain words

You can add these people to single static list and keep on marking these people as Marketing suspended, so that you do not email them instead of removing them from all the lists.

You can create a global campaign which add such leads to a static lists and keep on marking them as Marketing Suspended, but please make sure to keep on reviewing the list so that you do not include genuine leads in them.

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Problem is that we don't want to mark them as suspended because they are on other lists and should receive those emails. We just want to block them from getting added to certain lists/email sends.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

You can either get them added to a single static list and exclude this list from the campaigns from which you do not want the emails to be sent to these leads or you will have to name the specific list in which these are being added.

Stephen_Schmuhl
Level 1

I don't think it's possible to filter lists by "Contains". I would creating a smart list for the people who you don't want to be included on the particular lists and then in the campaigns that reference those lists, you could use the newly created smart list as a suppression list.

Alejandro_Munoz
Level 2

The best way to tackle this is by creating a segment, segments are based on smart lists (rules) so they will be updated and you just need to add the condition in your programs for members of segment

Alejandro Munoz

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandromunozpenuela/

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Doesn't achieve the pattern matching within asset names that Jennifer is looking for.

Alejandro_Munoz
Level 2

There is always a workaround, just define members of list, and make sure every time you remove someone from those 2 lists, you add them to a "removed" list. Can also be achieved by updating a record field.

But actually, segmentation would work as you can add many different conditions to the smart list, the only thing that can affect is the data retention policy

Alejandro Munoz

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Again, there are a lot of ways to do other things... but none of them meet the goal of "remove someone from static lists whose asset names match a certain pattern in their own names."

Alejandro_Munoz
Level 2

What about doing some filters and make a list of lists with those words, then just ask if member of each of those and remove, that would be just one smart campaign.

Alejandro Munoz