SOLVED

Need a Dialog web campaign to trigger an email

Go to solution
Rita_Job
Level 2

Need a Dialog web campaign to trigger an email

Hi Marketo community,

I need some assistance, please. I'm trying to create an RTP campaign that would catch website visitors that have not confirmed their emails when creating an account with us and get them to confirm by showing them a Dialog web campaign with an alert image which will have a CTA. Once they click the CTA, a campaign would be triggered in Marketo and a confirmation email will be sent. Meanwhile, the visitor is redirected to a thank you, your confirmation email is on the way page.

I created the RTP campaign, and all is fine there as far as I can tell. The issue I'm having is getting an email campaign triggered - I can't seem to find the right trigger. I was hoping there would be a "clicks a web campaign" or something. Instead, the only thing I'm finding is "clicks RTP call to action". I'm not sure I trust this because my RTP campaign is an image..

Here is what I have so far:

pastedImage_0.png

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Re: Need a Dialog web campaign to trigger an email

Hi Rita Job​,

According to the Marketo Product Docs for  - Define a Smart List for Web Personalization Activities​ , "Clicks RTP call to action" is the only trigger that you can use to define a  a Web Personalization call to action (campaign). Please find below the list of triggers and filters you can use to define web Personalization activities in filters and triggers when you're defining a smart list in a smart campaign.

pastedImage_0.png

In this case, this trigger should ideally work when someone clicks on the image (Since the image is defined in a web campaign). Using the above screenshots you provided, you can use the send email flow step and it should work. Additionally, I would also recommend that you test this campaign first,  by using "Email Address contains - @your company name or @your email address". Then click through it using your own or a test lead and see if the email is getting triggered. Once the test passes, then you can make it live.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Rita Job​,

According to the Marketo Product Docs for  - Define a Smart List for Web Personalization Activities​ , "Clicks RTP call to action" is the only trigger that you can use to define a  a Web Personalization call to action (campaign). Please find below the list of triggers and filters you can use to define web Personalization activities in filters and triggers when you're defining a smart list in a smart campaign.

pastedImage_0.png

In this case, this trigger should ideally work when someone clicks on the image (Since the image is defined in a web campaign). Using the above screenshots you provided, you can use the send email flow step and it should work. Additionally, I would also recommend that you test this campaign first,  by using "Email Address contains - @your company name or @your email address". Then click through it using your own or a test lead and see if the email is getting triggered. Once the test passes, then you can make it live.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Rita Job​,

Just wanted to circle back and check if your query was solved and was your query answered? Kindly let me know in case I could provide any further help.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Rita_Job
Level 2

Hi Karan,

Thank you for your help! I've tested the campaign and everything seems to be working fine.

Really glad to have this community

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Rita,

That's great to know! . You are most welcome. Glad that I could help

Best Always,
Karan Hari

Karan Hari
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Karan Hari​ is correct. Sometimes the issues with RTP (and ContentAI for that matter) is that the campaigns don't always show up until AFTER the first time they've been clicked on the site. Your second trigger seems to be setup to catch them by using the 'contains' - so you should be all set.