Re: Need Help with SFDC Custom Object Sync

Oliver_Pham
Level 2

Need Help with SFDC Custom Object Sync

Hello Marketo Community,

We'd like to utilize a Custom Object from SFDC in Marketo.

We want to utilize SFDC Object in Marketo to create email tokens based on the data pulled from one of our SFDC Custom Objects, called “Project”. Ideally, we want to make a nurture campaign that onboards and offboards based on fields from the “Project” custom object. Furthermore, use tokens that are using data from the “Project” fields. 

Right now, we have  synced the "Project" custom object, but it is not syncing properly because I can't see the fields anywhere besides the Admin section.

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don't see the object in the Script Editor tree?
Oliver_Pham
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

I actually do see them in the email script, when I'm setting up tokens. However, I'm not able to drag and drop them into the actual script. How can I fix this?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can see and check off fields, but not drag them? That sounds like a UI glitch (not a sync problem). You don't actually need to drag them to use them, though.
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Cool! Many of us have made all the mistakes before with this sort of thing, so let us know if you run into further issues once you get the UI working for you.

I know in our instance it takes a long time for all the fields to load up on the right hand panel when we open up an email script token. We wait 30 seconds, and if they don't come in, then we log in and out again, and it will work. Frustrating, but we have a lot of fields and custom objects...

Another word of advice - you can use triggers to put people in the engagement programs in Marketo, but using custom objects as triggers is a bit limited. You can only use "was added to custom object" as opposed to using constraints on the custom object itself. So a field update can't be trigger off, just the creation of a new custom object in general. To use field updates, you will need to use batch campaigns that run every x hours / days.