SOLVED

My token tracking in Google Analytics

Go to solution
Jay00031987
Level 4

My token tracking in Google Analytics

In Marketo, our team has created {{my.token}} and used in velocity script. But, when we have run the campaign and checked the reporting results and analysed that parameter result not captured in GA. What can be the route cause and how should it be rectified?

Below is the sample one

My Token- {{my.utm_content}}, {{my.utm_medimum}} and {{my.utm_source}}.

Below is sample code only for VTL

#foreach( $item_link in $recommended_item )
<a href="http://${link}?utm_content={{my.utm_content}}&utm_medium={{my.utm_medium}}&utm_source={{my.utm_source}}">Item Name</a>
#end

Jay
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: My token tracking in Google Analytics

Nothing to do with GA.

When you look at the rendered link (which should be your first stop when testing links!) you'll see that the Text {{my.token}} values are not interpolated.

You can't build links this way, the values need to be stored in variables within Velocity {{my.tokens}}, not directly in Text {{my.tokens}}.

Furthermore your VTL doesn't make sense, the loop is outputting the same link every time ($item_link is not used).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: My token tracking in Google Analytics

Nothing to do with GA.

When you look at the rendered link (which should be your first stop when testing links!) you'll see that the Text {{my.token}} values are not interpolated.

You can't build links this way, the values need to be stored in variables within Velocity {{my.tokens}}, not directly in Text {{my.tokens}}.

Furthermore your VTL doesn't make sense, the loop is outputting the same link every time ($item_link is not used).