My email program did not send to smart list.

Oliver_Pham
Level 2

My email program did not send to smart list.

My email program did not send to any of the people in my smart list.

Hi,

Yesterday, I created an email program to send out one email to our prospects, clients, and employees (this is excluding people who opted out of email marketing). I allocated the email and scheduled the program to send out the email at 5:00 pm. So everything seemed fine. 

Later that night after 5:00 pm, I find out there are no members in the program and there is no data pulled from the program. Today, is the same issue. I clicked on some people and looked at their activity logs and some were turned into members of the program, but some were not. That's all I could find.

I'm not sure what I did wrong... maybe it's because I usually use the "email send" channel instead of "newsletter"?

I need some assistance. I attached photos of my campaign.

5 REPLIES 5
Oliver_Pham
Level 2

Re: My email program did not send to smart list.

After further review, I noticed I've been using the "newsletter" channel for a previous campaign and it worked fine. So I don't think it's that.

Something important to note is that the employee smart list is an imported list. The rest are from the Marketo/Salesforce database. The members of imported list seem like they were all turned into members on their activity logs, but not anyone from clients or prospects.

Vladislav_Vagn1
Level 5 - Community Advisor

In your smart list are you using "OR" statements between filters or is it member of list A AND member of list B AND member of list C? 

When you click "Calculate" what number do you get?

Oliver_Pham
Level 2

It seems like i'm using "AND" statements. No people were found on the calculate section.

Is it due to the fact that I set it up as "ALL" instead of "ANY" in the smart list?

Vladislav_Vagn1
Level 5 - Community Advisor

Sounds like it. I would try the calculation part while using ANY on your filters.

Oliver_Pham
Level 2

Hey Vladislav,

Yes it seems like that did the trick. I set it to ANY and hit calculate and got a list of people who I want to send it to.

Thank for your help. I really appreciate it!