My Spam Blog

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Re: My Spam Blog

If they never filled out a form, aren't from CRM, received an email and they clicked three links in an email within 2 minutes then yes, if they're legit they might get blocked.

I think I mentioned that it's not fool-proof.

Robb Barrett
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Isn't it true that if their mail scanner prefetches 3 links in the email, then before they've gotten a chance to make a single click as a human, they'll hit the trigger?  Or if the scanner clicks 2 links and they click 1. Prob is this would perfectly describe an imported, highly engaged lead who direct-downloaded an asset, so kinda the opposite of a honeypot.  The kind of lead you want to Sync to CRM, not remove.

Thing is, the absence of Visit Web Page doesn't mean anything if the lead isn't going to Munchkin-enabled assets, and it's also not a smoking gun if someone is going to Munchkin-enabled pages but using an anti-tracking plugin.  It creates a major kink in the attempt to determine who's behind a scanner vs. who is just a scanner.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

do you hate sleep?

Robb Barrett
SanfordWhiteman

It hates me, man. I'm on this midnight nap/6am bedtime thing.

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

LOL.  I wish I could say the same.  It also seems that Greg is up at all hours, though he has a jump on us in the U.S.A. but seems to be on all the time!

SanfordWhiteman

Yeah, Greg even scares me!