SOLVED

Munchkin works for other machines, but not mine

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin works for other machines, but not mine

This is a weird one.

When I visit my pages with my machine, Marketo does not record any page visits (anony or otherwise).  I've tried with 3 different browsers, but each has no effect.

Just now, I asked my coworker to try hitting some pages from his location, and they were all recorded nearly instantly.

This doesn't make any sense to me.  Why would Marketo/Munchkin be discriminating against my machine?

Other details:
  • The two machines are on different networks (I'm working remotely today)
  • Both machines are Macbooks
  • I do not see any JS errors in the console
  • Both machines are hitting the same website

I'm really stumped.  Anyone have a hint?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Munchkin works for other machines, but not mine

Solution: In Web Page Report -> Setup, I had to set "Anonymous Visitors from ISPs" to "Shown".  My hits were being recorded the whole time, but I simply couldn't see them.

New (rhetorical) question:  Why would I want that hidden?  Why is it hidden by default?  Argh.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Grant,

Can you take a screenshot of your devtools network tab?
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you tell me what that is, I can take a screenshot of it.

(Unless it requires admin rights.  I am not an admin.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looked at your reply again to see if I missed something, but no.  I don't know what you mean by "devtools".  What are you referring to?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have some setting on your computer to turn off cookies? (Shot in the dark!)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cookies are definitely working.  No question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe its the different networks. Do you have another computer at home that you can try? Are you on a VPN?

Also, where you checking the activity?
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Kirsten mentioned, are you running a browser extension like Ghostery or Adblock?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not on a VPN.

I'm checking the activity with the Marketo web interface "Web Page Activity" viewer.  As I said, I can see my coworkers' activity, so I think I'm looking at the right place.

No, I am not using an ad-blocking or cookie-blocking browser extension.

I have tried this on Firefox, Safari, and Opera, none of which have an ad-blocker or cookie-blocker installed.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Grant,

When I referred to devtools, I mean the tools included in browsers for web developers.  You can access these by pressing F12 on windows or through the Tools menu on Mac.  This should bring up a docked window with several options including Network which allows you to monitor all of the http requests which occur on a page load.  We'd be looking for 'visitsWebPage' to [MunchkinId].mktoresp.com.  The request may be failing for some reason.