Re: Munchkin tracking code doesn't log any lead activities

Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin tracking code doesn't log any lead activities

Hello,

I've added Asynchronous jQuery tracking code on my master page. Should it track visitpage and clickLink automatically?
or I need to do something else? Now I don't see any logged event on Activity tab for leeads except events wnen lead was created.

Thank you
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, once you've added the Munchkin code, as long as it is working properly, you should see in a lead's activity log when they visit that webpage. Quickest way to test is to go to Analytics > Web Page Activity > Report (and click the green refresh button at the bottom).

What version of jQuery are you using? There is a Munchkin compatibility issue with jQuery 1.9, to which the solution is to enable the beta version.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another way to check if it's working using a Chrome browser as an example:
  • Open up your page with the code
  • Right-click and select, "Inspect Element"
  • Click "Network" and look at "Scripts"
  • You will be able to see all of your scripts that are loading and can identify if/when/long it takes for your Munchkin script to load.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good tip Joanna. I'll just add that you need to have the Network > Scripts window open before loading your page, as it only starts listening once the window is open. Simply refreshing the webpage after opening the Scripts window works nicely.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply!

we are using jQuery v1.7.2
And I checked Network and saw only
0EM50000000RFtn.jpg

Should it be something else from munchkin.js to track visitWebPage?

I checked Lead Activity again and didn't find any activities. Also I looked at Analytics > Web Page Activity > Report. It's also empty

Thanks, Lena
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lena: can you post a link to the page with the Munchkin code on? Perhaps there's an error in the code we can identify.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, sorry for the delay. we didn't have it in external access.
you can look at https://geofluent.com/

Thanks, Lena
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I know this thread is old, but I am having trouble getting my Munchkin code to track activity on a new domain we launched. I think everything is set up the same as it was on the original site, so not sure what the issue is. Here is the site: http://onescm.com 

thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lena: Sorry, I missed your reply. I cannot see any obvious errors with the Munchkin code on your homepage though so I'm guessing your issue has been resolved?

Kim: Your website uses jQuery 1.9.1 so you should implement the Munchkin beta to enable tracking. To do this, simply have your web developer replace //munchkin.marketo.net/munchkin.js with //munchkin.marketo.net/munchkin-beta.js

Let us know if this fixes your issue!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

Implementing Munchkin beta fixed the issue. I think our other site must be using the older version of jQuery so that's why it worked on that site but not on the newer site. Thank you so much!