Munchkin.js - Disable default clickLink and visitWebPage, and use only custom ones

Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin.js - Disable default clickLink and visitWebPage, and use only custom ones

Hello,

In my code, I have:

Munchkin.init("xxx-xxx-xxx");

This alone seems to record visitsWebPage and clickLinks events.

I also have a custom call that adds more data:

mktoMunchkinFunction('visitWebPage', { url: document.URL + ' | Tag: ' + myTag });

Unfortunately, this doesn't "take over" the standard event, so I end up with two records in the Activity list for the same event.

Is there a way to disable the default behavior, and only use my custom code, so I don't have duplicates?

Thanks!
Peppe

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Munchkin.js - Disable default clickLink and visitWebPage, and use only custom ones

Unfortunately I don't think so, although this would be a great idea to file!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Munchkin.js - Disable default clickLink and visitWebPage, and use only custom ones

My idea was to create a custom field in the original init function as an extra parameter. I participated in the API office hours with Marketo, and the man I talked to said that we could try re-directing before the Munchkin runs, then include the parameter in the URL so only that one is recorded when the Munchkin does run.
Ken_Martin1
Level 1

Any update on this?  We would really like to add additional parameters but not add a second call that will be more problematic to clean up.