Munchkin codes

Can I add Munchkin code in Google Tag Manager

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Munchkin codes

Sure.

The only edge case to consider is that GTM, by its very nature, adds another level of async loading. That is, the GTM JS library itself loads async, then it injects your matching tags async. So if the person navigates very quickly away, Munchkin may not have had a chance to bootstrap and send its initial hit. Exceedingly unlikely... but technically more likely than if you had the Munchkin embed right in the original document. (This is the case with all tag managers.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Sure.

The only edge case to consider is that GTM, by its very nature, adds another level of async loading. That is, the GTM JS library itself loads async, then it injects your matching tags async. So if the person navigates very quickly away, Munchkin may not have had a chance to bootstrap and send its initial hit. Exceedingly unlikely... but technically more likely than if you had the Munchkin embed right in the original document. (This is the case with all tag managers.)

janerusnak
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman, I reviewed a lot of entries on Munchkin code implementation through GTM and have an idea of the risks. 

What I wasn't able to find is the risks of having Munchkin tracking code directly on the non Marketo LP and through the GTM. You've mentioned that Munchkin script is smart enough to not load twice on Marketo LPs,  do you think the same applies to non marketo LPs? 

Looking to spend wisely at your company? Check out procurify.com
SanfordWhiteman

It has the same intelligence on non-Marketo LPs.