Re: Munchkin Tracking Code Issue affecting clickstream

Nav_Singh
Level 2

Munchkin Tracking Code Issue affecting clickstream

So, I'm curious if anyone else has encountered a similar issue with their clickstream and had to trouble shoot it. I wanted to see if this was perhaps being caused by an improper munchkin tracking cookie setup. I'm getting incomplete domains from our site in our clickstreams and it's raised a red-flag for me in this instance regarding whether or not the set-up has been done correctly in the past. I'm new to this instance and curious if anyone else has seen something like this and can share any insights into what might be a root cause to investigate other than improper cookie set-up. I'm curious if this is also why our web activity in web activity reports also seems to be lower than what I would expect based off Google Analytics session data. I'd appreciate any insights or tips that you can share especially if you've addressed this issue in the past.

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please be more specific.  "Improper" isn't useful unless you point to your URL so someone can analyze your installation; "incomplete" isn't clear, either (truncated URLs?).

Nav_Singh
Level 2

Hi Sanford Whiteman,
I'm just starting to dig into this issue.  It is a new instance for me so I would appreciate any tips with regards to good first steps, here is an example of a page that isn't registering in my clickstream report ( just the thank-you page registers a click stream logging). I was concerned when I began seeing several clickstreams like the attached screenshots.
Egnyte Support - Sales Questions and this page.

Nav_Singh
Level 2

One of the other reasons why I am investigating is because I noticed a 200 visitor discrepancy between our Google Analytics Unique sessions tracked (3,777) and between Marketo's 3,500 known & unknown visitors tracked over the weekend (only 20 known) which seemed rather low to me. I filter for competitors and employees in the Marketo reports but outside of that, the over all count seemed rather low especially for known traffic being captured.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'll analyze the install later tonight (I'm on the road and can't do this from my phone) but I'd be very cautious about expecting parity between GA and Munchkin. There are a variety of reasons that the stats could legitimately diverge by design (same with any other side-by-side analytics comparison on the same site).

Are you saying 3,500 is markedly lower than 3,777? I don't think so in this context.

As for only 20 known visitors seeming low, I can't say without knowing historical trends. What's the known/unknown for other date ranges?