SOLVED

Re: Munchkin Click event responses are slow

Go to solution
s_watanabe
Level 2

Munchkin Click event responses are slow

Hi everyone,

When I was crawling my site with mobile phone, I felt click response is not good. I found one of Munchkin click event took so much time about 0.5s against Similar Google Analytics custom event take only 0.01s.

Any ideas on how to improve click event response? or is there any way to disable only click event from munchkin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When I was crawling my site with mobile phone, I felt click response is not good. I found one of Munchkin click event took so much time about 0.5s against Similar Google Analytics custom event take only 0.01s.

The key is that they are similar, but not the same technology.

GA can switch to more advanced click tracking technology when it's available in the current browser; Marketo always uses the same method except in very old browsers like IE 8-9.

However that advanced technology is not available in iOS Safari (it is available on Android). What, specifically, was the phone + browser + version you were using for this test?

Any ideas on how to improve click event response? or is there any way to disable only click event from munchkin?

You can add the class

mchNoDecorate

to any links whose clicks you don't want to log with Munchkin.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

The key is that they are similar, but not the same technology.

GA can switch to more advanced click tracking technology when it's available in the current browser; Marketo always uses the same method except in very old browsers like IE 8-9.

However that advanced technology is not available in iOS Safari (it is available on Android). What, specifically, was the phone + browser + version you were using for this test?

You can add the class

mchNoDecorate

s_watanabe
Level 2

Thanks!

You can add the class

mchNoDecorate

It is of great help. I'll do that.

I found click delay on my Android 7.0 Chrome. and tested and captured on my windows laptop chrome inspector.

That's very interesting, Thanks a lot!

SanfordWhiteman

I found click delay on my Android 7.0 Chrome

Which makes sense given that GA can use that newer tech on that browser. If you compare on iOS Safari, you should not expect a difference, because there both libraries must use the same basic method to fire the tracking pixel.

I've also written an adapter so Munchkin can use the newer functionality when available, if you search around.

s_watanabe
Level 2

Thanks! I'll try.