Munchkin API issue: Not capturing all leads that fill out a form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin API issue: Not capturing all leads that fill out a form

On our websitre, we have a registration form to give access to the resource library. That system is capuring lead in the website DB to manage access to the library. 

We have developped a Web Service that push every hour the leads from the Website DB to Marketo using the SOAP API. This is working fine.

We now want to associate the lead that completes the form to the Marketo Cookie and track behavior properly. 

In order to do so, we used the Munchkin API to capture the forms data and push it to Marketo directly.
We did some test and it looks like it was working properly. 

In order to validate, we compared the list of leads created in Marketo by the Munckin API with the list of leads added via the Web Service API. 

For some reasons that I can't explain, some leads are not picked up by the Muncnkin API and they get added later by the Web Service. (see the screen shot below).

Does anyone have ideas where I should be looking to figure out why some leads are not captured by The munckin API? 

Also, on a side note, any idea why the Lead ID is significantly different depending on the source? 

0EM50000000Qt7D.jpg

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Munchkin API issue: Not capturing all leads that fill out a form

Leads not picked up by the Muncnkin API and added later by the Web Service are likely to have JavaScript disabled.

A simple method to troubleshoot and possibly avoiding that in first place is the noscript tag:

<noscript>Please enable JavaScript!
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=http://homepage">
</noscript>

Reference: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_noscript.asp

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Munchkin API issue: Not capturing all leads that fill out a form

Thanks for you response. 
We have look into teh JS disablement possibility. But at the moment, JS is disabled for about 2% of the broswers. And we are currently missing about 30-40% leads. So there must be something else... 

I still don't know where to look to figure it out... 

Alex