Multiple streams or multiple engagement programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple streams or multiple engagement programs

What's the best way to set up early stage nurture that has multiple content options? For example, when leads are created, I want to deliver content based on the form they filled out. So if someone fills out an eval form, the person gets a string of emails promoting the product eval. If the lead completed a demo form, the lead gets content related to the demo. There are about 5-8 of these content paths. Also, some content may be common to the paths and we may want to drop in time-base content like special promos. Set up as multiple programs? Multiple streams? If multiple streams what's the best way to trigger someone into a stream?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple streams or multiple engagement programs

I would use multiple streams... because a lead can only be in one stream.

I'd use the triggers you listed above (fills out form for eval etc) and list the streams in order of importance in case the lead does more than one of the qualifying actions, this should prioritize the stream order.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My recommendation is to build a combination of Programs/Campaigns that push customers into CEE Streams.  

1. Build a program that houses trigger campaign to push leads who fill out a demo form to a stream that sends out emails on a weekly basis pertaining to demos.  
2. Build a program that houses trigger campaign to push leads who fill out an eval form to a stream that sends out emails on a weekly basis pertaining to evals.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kim and JT.  That's what I thought----use multiple streams.

Where do you think is the best place to house the trigger campaigns that push leads into streams? I was thinking I'd add a folder within the Engagement Program and build a bunch of listening campaigns (if filled out form A, add to stream A). JT, you suggested I use a Program to do this and wasn't sure what the major benefit of a program is in this instance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Programs can be added to streams.

Thus, if you have a large group of leads that you'd like to start out with in 1 Stream, you can add Programs to your Streams that will filter them out accordingly.

Let's say you have Group A Leads.

You have a campaign that triggers those leads to go into a Stream.  However, when they are in that Stream, you'd like for them to be able to be separated into Group 1 and 2, according to which link they click in the email (1 demo/2 eval).  

Adding Programs to a Stream will allow you to separate those leads further and push them into different streams according to the triggers of the campaign you've built into the Program.  

Hope that clarifies.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

JT, I see the benefits. Don't need right now but the sub Program will provide future flexability/scalability.