Multiple segments in one email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple segments in one email?

Does Marketo enable the use of multiple segments in an email? I've tried to make it work, but haven't had luck so for.

Here's an example of what I'd like to do:

Header image - based on Segmentation 1 (geography).

intro text - based on Segmentation 1 (geography).

body text - based on Segmentation 2 (customer attribute).

closing text - based on Segmentation 1 (geography)

I've created both Segmentations, all the appropriate tokens, and inserted the dynamic text into the email template. However, when I test, only one of the Segmentations works - in the areas where I used Segmentation 2, only the default text appears.

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Multiple segments in one email?

My understanding is only one Segmentation  may be used within an asset for making one or more sections Dynamic.

If you wanted to do the above, you should create a Segmentation with the cross-tabs desired:

Customer-Geo1

Customer-Geo2

Alternatively, you can use Velocity Scripting to more accurately do what you want.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Slightly wrong here -- if you use a Snippet that is Dynamic, then you can do what you want...within limits.

But Snippets are generally repeatable modules to be inserted separately to your Module. It's write once, change everywhere kind of thing.

see docs.marketo.com

Julz_James
Level 10

I have used different segments for dynamic content within emails.  When you make the content dynamic it will ask you what segmentation you want to use.

I