SOLVED

Re: Multiple "Campaign Is Requested" triggers in one Smart Campaign

Go to solution
Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

Multiple "Campaign Is Requested" triggers in one Smart Campaign

Hi marketing friends,

I recently tried to include multiple "Campaign is Requested" triggers in single Smart Campaigns, and one in particular is causing a headache:

I want a Smart Campaign to be available for request that adds a lead as a member of our early-stage engagement/nurture program. I want this request to be available from Sales Insight (when Sales identifies a new lead or partner that may be outside our predefined target demographic) AND from a Marketo Flow Step (for certain Marketing Captured Leads, for instance). I tried adding two "Campaign is Requested" triggers (one for Sales Insight, another one for Marketo Flow Step, since I can't select multiple sources) into my smart list, and I got the blinking-red-light-bulb-of-doom.

Am I not able to have both triggers in one campaign? For now, I cloned the campaign and have one for MSI and one for the Flow Step, but I like to limit the number of trigger campaigns when possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hu Tyson,

Robb is 100% right. The only reason why you would more than one is if you need the campaign to be requested from different sources. e.g. another campaign AND sales insight.

-Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

You only need it once. Any program can request it. Don't specify which campaign requests it.

Robb Barrett
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hu Tyson,

Robb is 100% right. The only reason why you would more than one is if you need the campaign to be requested from different sources. e.g. another campaign AND sales insight.

-Greg

Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

Hi Greg,

That's the exact scenario I'm in; it should be available from MSI and from a Flow Step, so it sounds like I'll need two separate-but-identical campaigns listening for each, and that I cannot combine these triggers into a single smart campaign.

Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tyson,

can you please provide a screenshot of your smart list?

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I just ran a test and it worked really fine:

pastedImage_0.png

-Greg

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Worked for me.  Are you sure it's not a Flow step error?

Chrome Legacy Window 462016 42303 PM.bmp.jpg

Robb Barrett
Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

I just tried to replicate the red flashing error, and I couldn't, so maybe it was anomalous? Also, I figure I can also use "is not" or "is any" to keep just one trigger if it causes a headache during testing.

Thanks again!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sometimes this happens in error and you have to refresh. But I've also seen a lot of flow step  and filters will first use the squiggly line and if you go back to tab out, it's fine. Maybe that's what happened somewhere.