Multiple interesting moments in one field

Kristy_Murphy
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Multiple interesting moments in one field

All,

We have a business ask to pass the last 5 interesting moments into one field and then use that field to pass data to a sales executive  I have the later part. It’s the concatenation into one field that has me thrown.

Any idea deal on how I could accomplish getting the last 5 IMs into one field?

Kristy

6 REPLIES 6
Kristy_Murphy

Re: Multiple interesting moments in one field

So I found this video: Marketo-Fu - Episode 20: Daisy-Chaining Fields (concatenation of values) - YouTube

The issue I have is how do I go beyond just the last IM?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

(Was writing this when you responded btw.)

You can't do it as an Interesting Moment per se.

You can use a Change Data Value step to concatenate fields. For example, setting the value of a Textarea field like InterestingMoments to {{lead.InterestingMoments}};{{system.Date}}: {{trigger.Web Page}} will add the new value to the end of the field without overwriting the current value.

As for "the last 5" that specific goal is tricky because as you fill the field w/concatenated values, you won't be creating an intelligent "stack" where the first entry gets popped off when there are more than 5 entries.  To do that type of logic you'd need to call a webhook (which would allow you to keep the last 5, last 10, last 5 within the last 6 months, etc.).

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right, but if you did this

You searched for concatenate - Marketing Rockstar Guides

on a regular basis, you would get more than the 5 times. But why would you do this? Why can't the SE look at MSI inSFdC?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can stop it from holding more than 5 at a time by using a score field. 

But you can't stop it from rotating (like a FIFO queue) to only hold the last 5 without using a webhook.

Why can't the SE look at MSI inSFdC?

I quite agree. 

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

I can think in a way

You need 4 or 5 text fields and a new scoring field Last IM

Field 1: Temporal IM

Field 2: Last IM

Field 3: Last five temporal IM

Field 4: Hold last five IM

Field 5: IM Socore

Field 6 : Last X IM (optinal)

Process:

IF field 1 has changed and is not empty populate Field 2 with Field 1

Concatenate Field 3 with Field 2 and clear Field 1 and change Field 5 with +1

When field 5 changes to = 5 populate Field 4 with Field 3, clear Field 3 and set Field 5 = 0

So you will have two tokes, one that will capture up to 4 IM and other that holds last 5 IM, so what you can do, is if you set the IM Score to up to 3, you can use two tokens that combined will show up to 5 IM to populate Field 6 .... ... but I haven't try it yet

Kristy_Murphy

I get the SE & MSI. Seems logical and easy enough. In our situation we are using a webhook to send the leads over to Salesforce on existing contacts. So, we want to compel the SE to convert the lead. The business thought was that if we used IMs in the lead comment/desc via the payload that it would guide the SE on the lead prior to converting it. Then once they convert and attach contact to the opportunity MSI is made available to them w/all of the history.