Multiple email sends for one campaign - best method

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple email sends for one campaign - best method

I have a once per user ambassador sign-up email sent e.g. "Become an ambassador'. Sign-Up is managed externally - FYI.

Rather than creating multiple separate email send campaigns, I want to create a single campaign that I can add users (or email sends) to in the future.

Options include
  1. A triggered email sent e.g. on user added to list, send to user
  2. A default program type with multiple email programs within
What is the best method to implement?

Thanks ~
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple email sends for one campaign - best method

Hey David,

You can create recurring batch campaign that will help you control your sends better than a trigger campaign and more concisely than multiple email campaigns. You would just need to set up the campaign:

Smart List:
Member of "Ambassador list"

Flow
Send Email: Become an Ambassador

Schedule
Every Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday at 9:00am (or whatever is best practice for you)
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you are saying to send based on time rather than event. What type of program are you referring to, because an "email send" program doesnt manage reports correctly for multiple sends.

Also, just to add to your list

*Constraint
Send once per user
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the trigger event can add them to a static list, then you can set up a recurring campaign in the email blast channel to send to that list on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You can set the qualification rules so that each Lead can only go through once. 

After they have gone through, you can remove them from the static list for the Campaign and place them in just a general bucket list. It all depends on what you want to do with this data after the fact.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe there is a setting to allow user to run through flow once, so that may fix the 1 time issue; however, what about email reporting. As mentioned, the email send report doesnt report correctly for multiple sends on the same campaign. This is the big issue. e.g. on first send, report is fine, after second send, the report doesnt show the cumilative data. It seems to only show the last send statistics. I need to see the global stats.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey David,

The stats should be cumulative. Every time the campaign is run, it will consolidate the send. If you ever wanted to A/B test, all you would need to do is clone the existing email, make your changes, and rename it to signify the difference. Once that is sent, the email stats within the Program will show two lines; one for each email.

I have not done this type of sending in a while, but I am pretty sure that the stats are aggregated after each send. You can always test!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any way to confirm without testing?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can ask support! Other than that, I am not sure....