Multiple Workspaces - Reference Form in Trigger Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Workspaces - Reference Form in Trigger Campaign

Our Marketo instance as multiple workspaces (no lead partitions) - one for Admin where our data mgmt, lifecycle, etc. campaigns are housed, and a Primary workspace for our Global & Field Marketers build and execute campaigns/programs. 

I'm trying to create a Lead Alert trigger campaign in the Admin workspace that references a Form housed in the Primary workspace's Design Studio.

I'm choosing the "Fills Out Form" trigger, Form is X but I'm getting an error that no asset exists, so it's like the campaign can't "see" the Form - even when I manually type in the form's name. I've tried to Share the folder where the form resides in the Primary workspace Design Studio, but no such option seems to exist.

I'm an Admin so have rights to see / do everything. Suggestions?

Thanks for the help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Workspaces - Reference Form in Trigger Campaign

Hi Corinne,  

My team has a setup much like yours and ran into the same issue.

It's caused by MKTO not allowing assets to be referenced cross workspace. If you were setting up a smart campaign within your primary workspace referencing a form that lives in the primary workspace- it works fine.  It seems the system doesn't handle mixing / matching workspaces very well.  

What we did to solve this is make a custom field called "Request Campaign" and have campaigns that listen for this to be set. 

Instead of using "Fills Out Form" trigger in Admin, use "Data Value Changes"  and reference the "Request Campaign" field. 

Here's a futher explanation:
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pgr3AAC 

Hope it helps!
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi - the reason for this is that Marketo pretty much treats
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi - the reason for this is that Marketo pretty much treats each workspace as its own instance of Marketo - assets are not accessible across workspaces.

This is by design. Workspaces are essentially meant to limit users to their own environment. You can't share assets across workspaces, but you can share folders across workspace that contain certain asset types. See here: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyxDCAS

Please note, this only works for some asset types, and forms is not one of them. If you cloned your form to a new folder within the workspace, you can then move or copy that form to the new workspace. It isn't then obviously the same form, just a clone of it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is a bummer. That pretty much ruins my whole plan of keeping key lead lifecycle elements like Interesting Moments and Scoring out of the general area where someone could mess them up since those would reference forms used in the general area. Thanks for the feedback!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to circle back on this as I found a work around that seems to work for our instance. We have a "Filled Out Form" status for our Channels that it applies - so instead of triggering off Fills Out Form, I'm triggering off Program Status change, new Status is X where X = Filled Out Form status for Channels it applies. Which then in the Interesting Moment, I've got Filled Out Interest Form for Campaign: {{trigger.Name}} - because our program names are pretty descriptive for the campaign. This is also good because I'm not getting filling out a form for event or webinar registration this way either. Thanks for the discussions here - wouldn't have been prepared to work around if hadn't confirmed I needed it.